found.

(April 24th.) a month after the concert.

Ross had gone out with his family for the day so I decided to relax at my apartment. I cleaned my apartment up, even though it was all ready clean enough. 

I filled out a couple more forms to get into other colleges, I already sent one out... to my favorite out of the colleges chosen. I've always wanted to get into this college, it's been like... like a dream to me. 

I never really knew what I wanted to study though, until now of course. I would like to go for writing... I know sounds kind of stupid... But I've always been into it.

I haven't told Ross that I sent out my forms... I haven't even told him about this whole college stuff. I know he wont like it... 

The college I already applied for is Washington State University. I know it's two states away but... I really need it... 

I grab the forms in my hand and neatly fold then into the envelope. I still don't have a car yet... but I have saved up enough from my old job working at the coffee shop. Over the years since I was at least nine I've been constantly putting all of my money into a bank account my father made for me, He told me he put in some money but never said how much. By now I should have just enough to get in. 

oh yeah... the box... 

I forgot all about that...

I quickly grabbed my phone and my forms then left my flat. After I slid the envelope into the mail box I headed out for the park. Soon enough I reached it and managed to find my way through the trees and to my father's spot. 

I looked around across the water and smiled, remembering all the great times we had here. I looked up at the sky seeing all the trees covering it up, I frowned until I noticed a small hole within the leaves. The sun shined perfectly through, I looked around the area again till I found where the sun light directed on. I walked over and bent down looking at the large rock that sat in front of me.

I looked back up through the trees and at the blue sky, The sun was so bright I could barely see it. I turned back to the rock and sat down in the sun. 

Will I ever find this box? I want to know what my father put in it that's so special. I looked down at the rock once more and began tracing my fingers over the shapes carved into it. I looked closer...

H-E-R-E.

Was carved into this rock.

Here? what could that mean?

Does it mean the box?

The only person who could have done this would be my father of course. No one else knows this spot. I jumped up from the rock and stared at it for a brief second. I noticed around the bottom of the rock were scrapes, white scrapes... like someone hit it repeatedly with a... a shovel... 

I quickly gripped the bottom of it and began to attempt to lift it. I finally got it tilted up just enough for me to see under it... There was a small hole hidden under the rock... I slid my hand under it and reached. I could see the edge of a small box... this must be it!

Just as I was almost there, my cell phone rang. If I put the rock down now, I won't be able to get it back up like this. I know it was Ross, after my phone stop ringing it started once more. I pulled my hand out from the hole and grabbed my phone, I quickly hit talk and speaker before dropping it back in my shirt pocket. 

Skylar?" Ross' voice echoed through my phone. 

"hey yeah. What's up?" I groaned, My voice strained from holding this rock up.

"you okay? what's going on?" he asks.

"uh... nothing just doing some work around my flat." I lie.

"oh cool. We just got back, want me to come help." he says, I almost drop the rock.

"no, no, its okay. stay and hang with your family. I have some other work to do anyway." I stutter. It's like this box is just barely out of my reach. I pat the ground trying to find it, still nothing. I look once more seeing the shiny edge again. 

"uh... alright. how are you today?" he wonders. 

"um good, good. you?" 

"good, We went out to olive garden earlier. then we went out to dad's friends. you should of met them there cool." He tells me, I slam my hand down and grip the side of the box.

"yes!" I mumbled.

"what?" Ross clears his throat.

"I mean... yes I'd love to!" I catch myself. I grab the box firmly in my hand and pull it out, I drop the rock with a loud thud and grab my phone. 

"What was that?" Ross is growing suspicious... I can hear it in his voice. I have no idea what to tell him... 

"um... it was just my... coffee table. I lifted it up so I didn't have to crawl under it." I sigh, I hate lying to him.

"oh okay." he chuckles.

"uh... I have to go okay. I'll call you... when I'm... out of the shower." I rest the palm of my hand against my forehead. I sound ridiculous. 

"okay. I love you!"

"Love you too!" I say and quickly hang up. I slid my phone back into the front of my shirt and look at the box. It's a worn out blue wooden box, the edges of it are plated with shiny, scratched metal. There's a small lock around the latch in the front of it, also caked it dirt and small bugs. I brush them off and begin my walk home.