I'm sorry.

Ross quickly helped me and drove to the hospital. When we arrived they ordered us to wait in a small concealed room. I was shaking in fear, I didn't know what was going on with me, I didn't know what to do. 

"shh. It's okay baby, everything will be okay." Ross tried comforting me while pulling me tightly into his chest. 

an hour later...

The doctor walked in and sighed.

"I'm sorry. but... you lost the baby..." I let out a sob and covered my face.

"no, no, no..." Ross' hushed voice seemed weak and frightened. The doctor walked out leaving Ross and I alone. This night couldn't get any worse, I just lost my child... "baby!" Ross breathed as he clung to me, I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in the crook of his neck. I began crying harder. "I'm so sorry baby, it will be okay." he whispered, I pulled away and looked into his tear filled eyes. I didn't say anything, I couldn't. He raised his hand and gently set it against my cheek, rubbing his thumb softly under my eyes to wipe away my tears. We stayed like that for a while, embracing each other while crying. 

Now... it hurt a lot more to walk. 

As we walked out to the car, Ross' phone began to ring. He looked down at the caller ID and sighed.

It was Riker.

Before answering he helped me into the car and shut my door, I leaned back against the sear and watched Ross answer his phone. 

Ross' P.O.V.

This new Skylar and I have just received couldn't have devastated us more. Skylar is absolutely heart broken, I am too but I have never seen Skylar so upset. After helping her into the car I answered my phone.

"Ross? where are you?" Riker's voice echoed through the phone. The way the noise in the background boomed I could tell I was on speaker. 

"Were at the hospital." My voice was dull. 

"why? what happened?" 

"Skylar... Skylar lost the baby..." I sniffled and rested my hand on my forehead. their was silence on the other line. I leaned back against the back of my car and let the tears fall down my face again. Why does everything have to be so difficult? 

"I-I'm so sorry Ross." Rik softly said. 

"me too." I sighed and hung up. I wiped my eyes, and calmed down before climbing inside car. As we began driving back Skylar curled her knees to her chest and rested her head against the windows. Her pink hood was up, blocking my view of her face. I would occasionally hear a small sniffle from her making me drive faster, so I could hold her in my arms. "baby." I gently spoke while resting my hand upon her thigh. She didn't look my way, but I saw her squeeze her eyes shut then reopen them. "baby please look at me." I begged while parking in the drive way. She turned her head and glanced up at me. I unbuckled both of us and turned to face her. 

"come here." I whispered while pulling her by the hips onto my lap. 

"Ross." She croaked and broke into sobs again. I tightened my grip on her waist and began quietly crying into her hair. I couldn't hold it anymore, I needed to let this out. I thought this was our chance to be happy, to not worry any longer, to live a full, fun life, with my beautiful girl and baby. I would have had my two perfect, beautiful, amazing girls. One that loves me for me, one who can't live a day without me, who trusts me, stays with me, brings life to me. And one... one who would have looked just like the love of my life, who would giggle when I'd throw her over my shoulder and tickle her until she begged me to stop, the one who would have called me...

Daddy.