I will...

“I-I’m pregnant…” My jaw dropped as my heart rate increased. No… how- how could this happen… I couldn’t move, frozen in place, but time seemed to stand still as everyone in the room never moved a muscle. I blinked snapping myself out of it, I looked at Skylar. Her face was buried in her hands; her entire body was shaking in fear. How could I have been so stupid…? My father was right… I ruined her…

“I told you Ross! See what you have done!” my father shouted as he stood up. Tears welled up in my eyes, how could I have let this happen… I wasn’t ready to be a father, Nor Skylar a mother. I heard Skylar’s quiet sobs break from her mouth, My father was right…

I stood up but my knees gave out, I fell to the ground now on my knees and covered my face with my hands. I began to sob uncontrollably. My sobs brought more to Skylar, I needed to comfort her. Yet here I was crying on the floor, while she stood there alone. I sucked in a breath and stood up, my family looked at me sadly. I stumbled to Skylar and pulled her into my arms.

“I-I’m so s-sorry baby.” I cried into her hair. She shook her head grabbing my shirt in her hands. Her face was now buried into the crook of my neck, one arm around me, the other resting against my chest fisting my shirt. I held her by the waist tightly, and breathed in the scent of her hair. I let Skylar down… big time…

“Ross I-” my father began.

“No, please just leave. All of you.” I said looking up; I knew how red my face must have been. Tears kept falling from my eyes, but at this point… I could care less.

“Ross…”

“Now.” I interrupted him again, raising my voice, making Skylar slightly jump. My family walked past us slowly then out the bedroom door. Riker was the last to leave; he shook his head and shut the door. As I turned to Skylar she collapsed and fell to the floor. I fell to my knees and wrapped my arms tightly around her, her sobs became louder.

“baby.” I cried. “it will be okay. I promise. It will be okay.” I squeaked. It wasn’t believable… Her sobs only increased with every word I said, she would try to say something but end up crying more in the end. Her crying made me cry even more as well, I couldn’t help it, I couldn’t stop it.

After an hour or two of sitting on the floor holding each other, crying. She had cried herself to sleep. With myself still worked up, I managed to pick her up and carry her to the bed. I laid her down and pulled the covers over her. I took deep breaths and finally managed to calm myself down. I lie beside her under the blankets, tear stained cheeks and all. I moved the blanket down then tugged her shirt carefully up. I stared at her stomach for a moment before pressing my hand against it. How could I have let this happen to my baby girl...?

Skylar’s P.O.V.

When I awoke Ross wasn’t beside me. I turned and looked at the clock, six in the morning. I sighed and stood up from the bed. I took yet another shower to clear my mind. As I stood under the now cold water I let the tears go, I wasn’t ready to be a mother. I couldn’t let my child grow up this way, constantly being chased, constantly worrying if someone will show up and hurt you. I finally shut off the water and wrapped a towel around my body. I stepped out, walking to the body mirror. I made sure the bathroom door was locked before dropping my towel and looking at myself. I rested my left hand against my stomach and looked into my reflections eyes. Was I ready for this?

I felt a sense of… joy bounce inside my heart. Maybe this… this baby was my key to happiness. Maybe just maybe I could live happily, with Ross and our… baby…

My eyes dropped down to my stomach, then wandered back up finding a small smile playing on my lips. Maybe I was ready… I nodded at myself, I will do whatever I can to protect it. Whatever that maybe, I will use all my strength I have to protect my child…

Whoa… my child…

 “my child.” I said aloud. The words felt eccentric rolling off my tongue, but I liked it. My smile grew as I whispered to my child. “I will protect you.”