him and I

"Ross!" I yelled.

Seconds later he came running out. "what's wrong?" he asked walking to me. 

"Aron's here... He just came into the building. I saw him. He's on his way up here..." I mumbled afraid of what he might do. 

"shit!" Ross grumbled, he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door. I quickly slipped on my bear paws and grabbed my jacket. Ross threw on his and slipped on his converse. I took my phone off the counter and slipped it onto my back pocket. Ross grabbed his keys and handed me mine. "I want you to drive with me, but I think it would be best if we took your car with us too." I nodded. "ready?" I nodded again, Ross opened the door and shut it quietly. I locked it before Ross grabbed my hand and we ran to the steps. The elevator dinged and it's doors opened. I watched as Aron stormed out of them and to my door. "come on." Ross whispered, tightening his grip on my hand. I quickly turned around and ran down the steps as quietly as I could. 

"you fuckers!" Aron screamed as he began to chase after us. Ross and I ran through the lobby and quickly out the front doors, I hit the unlock button on my car as we neared it. 

"I'll be right with you!" Ross told me and he let go of my hand and ran to his car. I quickly jumped into mine and shoved the key in, I locked the doors as my vehicle failed to start... I tried again just as I saw Aron run out from the doors. 

"fuck." I screeched. "oh please, please start." I begged it with my life. I looked up seeing Ross' car gone and Aron coming closer to me. He noticed my car wasn't starting so he began to slow his pace to a fast walk. "come on!" Aron was now at the front of my car. I shut my eyes and loosened the grip on my wheel. "please." I said softly while turning the key, my car started... I smiled and backed out. I looked up at Aron and smiled until I saw him pull a gun from his pocket. Before I even had a chance to slam my foot on the gas he shot my hood twice times, My eyes widened as my phone began to ring. Just as I answered it another shot was fired and hit my windshield. Glass shattered over me as I quickly got out of there. 

"Skylar! Skylar!" Ross began to panic. I looked in my review mirror to see Aron raise the gun and shoot my back tire.

"Ross i'm okay." I breathed as I quickly distanced myself from Aron. 

"what just happened?" he sighed in relief. 

"well Aron had a gun..." I mumbled. 

"please tell me he didn't hurt you." Ross gulped. 

"no... well he tried." I paused and looked at myself. Glass was shattered all around me and my arm was cut open. "well only a few scratches anyway." I chuckled. 

"damn it. where are you? I just pulled up at my house." He told me, I drove faster and pulled up behind his car. I got out just as Ross did. He ran over, eyes only locked on me. "baby! are you okay?" he asked again.

"yes Ross I'm okay." I said gripping my arm. I was bleeding a lot, but overall I was fine. He removed my hand seeing the glass. 

"how did this happen?" he wondered. I looked to my car, his eyes followed mine. When they landed on my poor car they widened. "holy shit." 

"yeah as I was pulling out he did the two in my front hood. Then he chased me and shot my back tire." I mumbled. 

"alright..." Ross sighed. "come on, let's get that cleaned up." He grabbed my hand and pulled me along inside. I was thankful everyone seemed to be asleep. Ross walked me into the kitchen and grabbed a dish towel, he wet it down and gently pressed it over the wound in my arm. I squinted a little and looked at Ross. "the glass is out now. It's not deep enough for stitches but its still pretty bad." Ross sighed again as he examined my arm. He grabbed a bandage and some healing cream then patched it up. "you okay baby?" I nodded and smiled at him.  

"i'm fine." He nodded and leaned down to press his lips to mine. 

"next time you're coming with me." he sighed, I nodded and yawned. "let's go to bed babe." I followed slowly behind Ross until he swiftly picked me up in his arms and kissed my forehead. I smiled and snuggled my face into his neck. When we reached the top of the stairs Ross walked into the spare bedroom and locked the door behind him. He carried me to the bed and gently set me down. After stripping of his shirt he climbed in beside me, shutting off the light. He leaned over and pressed his lips once again to my forehead. "Goodnight baby, I love you" he said before laying back down on his side. I turned, facing him and snuggled up into him. He smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I love you too Ross." I giggled and leaned up pressing my lips to his. 

Finally we were back to where we were. Lovers who not only loved each other for their faces, but ones who loved everything about each other. thought everything they saw in each other was beautiful, no matter what circumstances were. I loved him, and he loved me. And that was all that mattered.