Not over yet.

I sprang up with wide eyes. I wasn’t dead. I wasn’t in that white room where I had thought I could have peace. Ross wasn’t lying beside me bloody with his chest ripped open and throat slashed. I was sweating and breathing deeply. I was still terrified. I looked around the room I was in and it was the guest room to Mark and Stormie’s house. The door opened and Ross walked in. I was so relieved to see him alive. He smiled at me but dropped it seeing me afraid. I jumped to my feet and ran into his arms. “Ross!” I cried into his chest as I hugged him tight.

“baby what’s wrong? What happened?” he said softly as he hugged me back. He picked me up and began to carry me to the bed.

“no not the bed.” I pleaded. I couldn’t sit there now; the image of him lying there was still present in my mind.

“oh… okay, okay.” He said as he sat on the floor. He sat me in his lap as I continued to hold onto him. I never wanted to let go. “baby calm down. It’s okay, I’m here.” He said brushing his hand down my hair. I lifted my head off of his shoulder and looked at him. Tears still ran down my face. He wiped them away and looked into my eyes. “what happened baby girl?”

“I… I had a nightmare… I mean it started out as this wonderful dream but turned terrible… I…” I stuttered and let out another sob.

“sh sh baby it’s okay. It’s not real.” I nodded.

“I-I know… it’s just… just I lost you in it… and you were dead lying in that white bed… blood was every were including on me. Everywhere… W-When I saw you I screamed and held you in my arms begging you to come back to me… but- but I knew you couldn’t and-and I cried and cried then I heard that laugh and found the knife… so I killed myself but woke up here. I… Ross!” his grip on me tightened as he tried calming me.

“baby you don’t need to worry about any of that. I’m here, I’m alive and I promise I won’t leave you.” He promised me. I held on to him tighter as I soon began to calm down. After a while of Ross calming me as I laid in his lap he finally managed to. I looked up into his eyes and slightly smiled.

“I love you” I told him, he smiled and dipped his head down kissing my cheek.

“I love you too” It was quiet for a moment then I spoke.

“is anyone home?”

“yeah Delly I-” just before Ross could finish his sentence Rydel’s scream was heard around the house.

“ROSS!!!” she yelled. Both Ross and I jumped up and ran down stairs. As we reached the bottom we found Rydel standing on top of the coffee table looking terrified.

“what’s wrong Del?” Ross asked. She pointed towards the wall we stood by and we both looked down.

“Holy Shit!!” I screeched and ran to where Del was.

“holy shit that’s a big spider.” Ross squeaked and ran over to us too.

“Ross you’re the guy! Go kill it!” I swatted at his arm.

“no!! do you see how big that is!” He gulped.

“Ross! Go!” Rydel and I said. He sighed and walked closer to it. The spider was a dark black with two red dots on its back. It was huge! It had to come at least three inches off the ground and the legs were about the size of my pinkie.

“This is what we get for living in California!” Ross gulped and jumped on it. When he took a step away from the spider it jumped up and tried running away. Ross squealed like a girl and tried stomping on it more. “finally.” He sighed in relief when it had finally died. He cleaned up the mess and washed his hands then walked back over to Del and I who now sat at the kitchen table. “Next time Del don’t scream like that. You had me worried someone was in the house and about to hurt you.” He told her. She nodded and hugged her brother.

“sorry” she giggled and disappeared upstairs. Ross walked over and took both my hands then lifted me from the seat and into his arms.

“do you want to go out to eat somewhere?” he asked and kissed my nose.

“sure.” I smiled and kissed his nose back. I’ll go get ready.

After I had gotten ready to go Ross drove me over to some fancy restaurant. He held my hand as he led me inside and to a ‘reserved’ table.

“Ross you really didn’t have to do this.” I chuckle as he pulls out my seat for me.

“you’re right I didn’t have to. But I wanted to.” He smirks and places a small kiss upon my cheek.

“well thank you so much.” I giggle. The waiter walked over and smiled down at us.

“good evening I will be your waiter for tonight. And may I ask, Is tonight a special night?” he smirked and looked to Ross.

“Actually it is.” Ross smiled and looked to me.

“well than why don’t you say we crack open some of our finest wine?” I squinted looking at the waiters name tag. His name was Max.

“please.” Ross said and took my hand from across the table.

“alright I will be right back then.” Max winked at us and strolled off to get the wine.

“baby girl?” Ross said quietly, I looked up at him from looking at our hands tied together.

“yes?”

“you okay?” I smiled.

“of course I am Ross. This is amazing. I love being with you.” He smiled at me and leaned across the table.

“I love you Skylar”

“I love you too Ross” When I looked back up the waiter walked over and poured us two tall glasses of their finest wine.

“thank you.” Ross and I said in sync.

“what can I get this lovely couple to eat?” he asked.

Ross ordered for us and we sat and talked and sipped the finest wine I have ever had, if I ever had wine before while waiting for our meals. When our meals had come we sat in silence taking in its deliciousness.

“this is so good!” Ross laughed while shoving his face with more.

“yes it is.” I giggled as we both finished our plates.

“do you want desert?” he asked me.

“I don’t think I can eat anymore.” I laughed. Ross nodded and called over our wonderful waiter. Ross paid and we left.

“don’t think the night is over just yet.” Ross winked at me as he held the passenger car door open for me. I opened my mouth but before I could say anything Ross shut the door.

“okay…” I muttered confusingly.