Pure Pain.

Skylar's P.O.V.

I felt distant from myself. Like something was wrong with me... But I couldn't place my finger on it. Everything was black, in the background I could here muffled voices. This carried on for a while until I felt a vehicle move beneath me. I began hearing things more clearly, but the only thing I heard was the sound of an engine running. I could tell I was in a car, going somewhere. I believe by the goose bumps on my skin I was laying on Ross' lap. When I felt the car come to a stop I tried opening my eyes. I got them half way open and looked up seeing a very worried Ross. 

"Ross." i mumbled. My voice was quiet, and slow. As his name rolled off my tongue I found it only to be a jumbled groan. 

"Skylar, Baby it's okay." Ross gasped and swooped me up into his arms. I blinked my eyes a couple more times trying to open them up more. I heard the front door to the van open and shut making me slightly jump. 

"Where are w-we?" I stuttered. The side door swung open and Ross quickly jumped out running towards a large building with me in his arms. 

"the hospital." he answered. I could feel my body shaking, my eyes drooping back down and I began to slowly fade in and out of consciousness once again. I was terrified... My vision was blurry so I could barely even see shapes. My body shook, and I felt sick to my stomach. I turned my head slightly and saw someone close behind Ross. He was tall like Riker, had blonde hair... I was positive it was him. 

"Riker?" I said my voice barely audible. I could now see a bit of white. He was somewhat smiling now. I watched as he nodded.

“we need a doctor.” Ross said as we entered the emergency doors of the hospital. The only reason I knew it was the emergency entrance was because as we entered I saw the word EMERGENCY in big red, glowing letters. I looked up at Ross and took a deep breath.

“n-o… I’m f-fin-e rea-“ I tried saying. I t felt as if my breath had been taking away from me, my eyes slammed shut as I felt all the muscles in my body loosen. I felt my self-drifting away…

“We need a doctor now!” I heard Ross’ voice echo in my head.

“follow me!” A man said. I felt quick movement under me and realized Ross was now running. “lay her down.” The man, who I assumed was the doctor said. “what happened?” he asked.

“someone drugged her.” Ross said too quickly.

“overdose?” he paused. “do you know what drug?” I waited for someone to answer but no one did. “alright.” The doctor said. I felt a cold tube go around my head and into my nose as the doctor called in someone.

“were going to need you two to leave.” She said.

“no, no I can’t leave her.” Ross mumbled. I began panicking. I didn’t want them to leave me, more so Ross than anyone. I tried opening my eyes again but they seemed to be too heavy. That was the last thing I heard, I knew they were speaking but I couldn’t hear them anymore. It’s like I was in my own little world. It was dark and quiet… I liked it.

It stayed like that for a while and I tried enjoying it while it lasted. I wish I could have stayed there… Where it was dark, quiet, where there was no drama and no fear. But eventually all the noise and movement came back. I could hear the doctors moving around me, I could hear the beeping of the machine telling them my heart was still beating. Once in a while I could hear them mumbling but could never decipher what they were saying. I couldn’t tell how long it was before I felt my eye lids loosen. I pushed them open and looked around me. I was in a hospital room, the walls were white, and there was a small TV that was turned off across the room. Beside it laid a small radio which was playing very soft soothing music. I squinted my eyes closed and then reopened them. Everything was still blurry but not as much as it was before. I could see words, faces, designs. Having my vision being this blurry was weird; it felt like the room was spinning. I sat up slightly but dropped back down onto the pillow.

Where was Ross?

“Ross?” I mumbled hoping he would be in the room and I just didn’t see him. I got no response so I closed my eyes and waited. A couple minutes after I heard the door open. My eyes fluttered open finding a man with dark brown hair and a bright white coat standing above me.

“hello Skylar. I’m Dr. Andrews. How are you feeling?” he asked me.

“o-ok.” I muttered still finding it hard to form a correct sentence.

“here.” He smiled and helped me sit up a bit.

“thank y-“ I coughed. Dr. Andrews handed me a tall glass of crystal clear water and sat down beside my bed. I gulped down half of the glass and handed it back to the doctor.

“still dizzy?” He wondered, I nodded. “I’m sure you are wondering what type of drug was put into your blood huh?” I slightly shrugged. Honestly I didn’t want to know, but yet again I did. “alright. Well who ever overdosed you… overdosed you on Heroin.” He told me. I bit my lip and sighed. “I have already told your boyfriend about it. Would you like to see him and his… uh”

“brother.” I quietly said.

“yes brother.” I nodded. He stood up and nodded at me before leaving the room. I took another drink of water and sighed looking up at the white ceiling of the hospital room. I hate hospitals. I kept repeating in my head until I heard the door open.

“Skylar.” Ross’ voice echoed in the small room. I looked towards the door way to see him almost lunging at me. “baby.” He sighed in relief as his arms went around me.

“h-i.” I slightly smiled. These stupid nostril things tickle my nose; I just want to rip them off my face.

“are you okay?” I nodded and watched Riker enter the room, shutting the door behind him.

“Rik-” I had meant to say Riker but all that came out was Rik.

“Hey Sky. How you feeling?” he asked, I looked at Ross and slightly smiled.

“okay.” I said softly. Once I was able to speak full sentences I would talk to Ross about this whole mess. We sat in silence for a moment until I felt a sudden head rush. A sharp pain spread across the back of my head making me grab it and groan. “ow…”

“what? What’s wrong baby?” Ross wondered with panic in his voice. I shook my head trying to rid of this terrible pain but it only made it worse. 

"Ah!" I screamed and clutched my head tighter. "Make it Stop!" I begged. It felt as if my head was going to explode at any given moment. Or as if someone was repeatedly cutting the back of my head, just above my neck. 

"Get A Doctor!!" Ross shouted over my screams. I couldn't see him due to the fact my back was facing him now. "Baby calm down!!" He yelled running to the other side of the bed so I was facing him. He grabbed my arms and tried pulling them away. The pain was becoming worse. I squeezed my eyes shut and let out another loud, piercing scream. My screaming wasn't doing any good for me, it only made the pain in my head worse... but it was the only thing I could do. A doctor ran in pushing Ross backwards making him fall to the ground. 

"Make It Stop!!" I screamed again, I had tears running down my cheeks as I begged the doctor to help me.