Chapter 17

Chloe shakes me out of my deep sleep, I get up and fold up my light blanket. I look down at my watch, 5:00.

"D-Day today." Chloe says as everyone wakes up.

I put my small blanket back in my backpack and grab my rifle. I look outside, it's still dark outside.

"You ready to relay the fake information?" Chloe says

"Wyatt, how are you?" Lucinda asks over the radio.

"On my way back, just a street down." He whispers back.

We wait a few minutes, Wyatt enters the small room. He looks tired and sweaty.

"No troubles, all the guards were sleeping." He hands Chloe the charge, "When you're ready." He says

Chloe grabs it and puts it in her pocket. "Does base know that we're relaying false information?"

"Yeah, they do." Lucinda says, she begins her instruction, "Base camp, this is units one and two. We will begin our surge, we need cover going north towards the wall, we will then promptly go east to the weak point of the wall."

"Ten-four be safe out there guys." They say back

Chloe is the first to walk out, we walk back up the street. Chloe is the only one with a light on, to prevent attraction to ourselves. Our feet meeting the ground is the only sound I can hear.

"Guys!" Noah whispers, we turn around and see a surge of peacekeepers go across the street, going east.

Chloe turns off her light, and we begin to lightly jog around the corner. Lucinda pulls the map up, a black dot marks the spot where we want to enter. It's a section of the inner city that isn't heavily populated. We're a few blocks from that street. We continue jogging towards Victory Road, the road we need to get to.

Ahead of us I can see another group jog down the street to join us. I believe that Trinity is in that group, though I'm not entirely sure. As we begin to make it to Victory Road, I can start making out the faces of the others, and I do see Trinity.

She walks up to me, "Hey there James." She smiles and pats my shoulder.

"Hi Trinity." I say

Chloe stops us from rounding the corner towards the wall.

"We need to wait for the jets to pass over. By the time we make it to the wall, they will have shot down the generators. I will then detonate the charge." Chloe says

"We will only probably only have fifteen to twenty seconds." Lucinda says

Lucinda pulls the map up, "Chloe, we will go straight. Hudson, you and you team will break right and head to the end of Victory that way. Quentin, you and you team will break left. If need be, take the sewer line to the end. I would recommended avoiding it, however, because we don't know what's down there."

I hear the roar of jets in the distance, I look up and see the jets close in on us.

"Go time." Chloe says

We round the corner and begin running towards the wall, I wait to hear the explosion or some sort of sign. About half way to the wall, I hear a thud in the distance. I watch as Chloe then pushes the detonation button. The wall starts flickering, and we all sprint to the wall. The wall completely vanishes, I'm one of the first to run past the wall. I watch as more people cross the wall, but then I see the flickering again, and as the last person attempts to cross, the wall literally cuts him in half.

"Oh my..." Chloe says

I turn the opposite way, in disgust.

"We need to go." Chloe says, "Good luck everyone."