Prologue

Dan's pov

Only one more box in this dusty old attic to go through. Moving is a lot of work. You have to pack away the things you want, go through the stuff you don't need. Why do I have so many things in that attic.

I've spent all day in this attic going through box by box. My attic is full because it's where I put all the things I don't need.

I sit down in front of a dusty box labeled "Hipster phase" I cringe. This box is from last summer. I was so lame. Coffee, long coat, scarves, think rimmed glasses, and obsessive photo and video taking. I really though I was such a Hipster.

I sigh before popping open the lid of the box sifting through its contents. First I pull out my old coffee cup. I bought my own because I liked to believe I was too good to use the ones the shop provided.

Next I pull out my small collection of scarves which I wore everyday. They were heavy. Something was wrapped inside them.

Carefully I unravel the scarves to find my old camera.  I smile sadly the the memories it must hold. Last summer was the best summer I've ever had, even if it was cringy.

I sit down in my spot on the dusty attic floor and power the camera on. No batteries.

A quick trip downstairs proves simple and I got new batteries for the camera. This time when I power it on, it lights up and displays the settings.

I maneuver my fingers across the control pad to make it so I can look through the footage on it.

The first thing on the camera is a picture of me and this boy from last summer.

Phil.

We were inseparable for one summer, and he was the best thing to ever happen to me. I loved him.

The pictures is him with his arms lazily around me, and a big goofy grin. I'm barely in the picture because I was still getting the hang of taking selfies. I'm much better at it now.

I can't help but to smile at the memories.

The next thing on the camera is a video. I hit play.

(( when things are in italics, that means it's the videos. Videos will need told in past tense Dan's point of view.))

***

"Okay, okay, tell the camera who you are and why you're here" I laughed  at the person in front of me, trying to stop our giggles.

"Hello Camera, I'm Phil. I'm here because it's a public beach and I can be" Phil laughed looking at me, not the camera.

"Phil be serious!" I said, trying to sound mad.

"I am serious!" Phil said defensively. 

"Fine! You take the camera and film me." I sighed passing phil the camera.

"Hi. So my name is [Dan] nice to meet you. I'm here on the beach with Phil. I meet him earlier today and we hung out all day talking. He's really awesome and probably the coolest friend ever. So I wanted to record it so I can remember him forever." I smiled cheesily. I could hear Phil in the background making puking noises.

"Hey you spork! Don't sound so grossed out! You're the one who told me you already love me!" I spit jokingly.

"And you're the one who hasn't had a friend for 18 years of you life!" Phil joked back.

"I hate you." I said, holding back a laugh.

"You love me." He replied in a overly happy way.

***

And with that, the video was over.

----------------------

Whoop whoop first chapter is up! I'm so excited to write this!

Amazing cover by xstarboix you're the best tbh :)

Who's here from my other stories?

People who have read copy cat: should I do my bunch of questions on this story?

New chapter every Wednesday! See you next week! Check out my other stories!

Love you! Bye!

~Madi