XIII

Summers are the worst part of the year. You're given about 3 months to feel young and have fun, and then it's ripped away from you by the real world.

I'm basically finished packing. I've gone through the attic, and all the rooms in my house. The only things not packed are the things I need to live until I can get a moving truck and actually move.

I also haven't packed the camera up, since I haven't looked through it all. But I know the end is coming soon, and I know it'll be hard to watch.

I keep on catching myself wanting to "misplace" the camera and not finish it. It was hard enough reliving all the things that Phil went through.

I also keep on catching myself wanting to send a text to Phil asking him how he's been and wanted to ask him to get coffee. I keep telling myself it'd just be a casual get together, but I know it'd be more.

With a sigh I take a seat on the couch, which in a few days won't be here anymore. It's weird to move. Everything is normal one day, and the next your house is empty.

I just hope I'll be happier in Wales.

The camera lay beside me on the stained coffee table. It's equally tempting and sickening to look at. The most difficult  part of a story is knowing what comes next.

I reluctantly turn the camera on and play with the buttons until I manage to find myself where I left off.

The first thing I see is Phil, curled up on the couch, reading a book. A blanket drapes around his shoulders. He looks at peace, and very soft. And almost a little tired.

The picture was nothing too special, but I remember taking it and thinking that in that moment, Phil was the most beautiful person alive. And now... I still believe it.

The next thing on the camera is a video.

***

"Hey! Hey Phil! Whatcha doing?" I asked in an annoying voice. Phil rolled his eyes, but didn't lift them from his book that he was on the couch reading.

"I'm reading" he said simply without any emotion.

"Okay. Hey! Hey Phil! Whatcha reading?" I asked, again being annoying. I was so bored.  Phil looked up with time, slightly annoyed.

"A book. You should try it some time." He said with sarcasm. He defiantly didn't seem thrilled at my attempts to make any conversations with him.

The camera turned around to face me.

"Hello camera. It seems Phil is being a grumpy person and won't talk to me. But you'll talk to me, right?... right?" I asked the camera with obviously no response. I looked over the camera, probably at Phil.

"Get a life" I heard Phil say from behind the camera.

"Never!" I said before the camera went black.

***

I was so much happier then, so why did summer have to end?

---------------------

Hello darkness my old friend....
Okay hi. How are you?

I'm getting to that part of the school year where I just want it to be done, but I've still got like 8 weeks left. Ugh.  It's like all my motivation is gone.

Sorry I'm just complaining.

Love you! Bye!

~Madi