XIV

The moving truck came today. It took most of my big furniture. Like my shelves  and couch and my bed. It also room a lot of my boxes. I'm not ready to move over there yet, so I have an inflatable mattress to sleep on.

I pull out the camera and power it on. I want to see what else is on it before I move. After I'm done watching it i can put it all behind me and never think of it again. I don't want it to be part of my new life.

The first thing I see on the camera is a video.

***
"Well Dan. You left your camera at my house. I know you were looking for it.

"I just found it now by the way. I didn't hide it from you or anything if that's what you're thinking. Because that's what you though last time. If this camera is going to be so important to you, why don't you take better care of it?

"People don't forget about things they care about. I haven't forgotten about you. It seems you might have forgotten about me though.

"We were hanging out at having fun when you thought you should probably film the moment... you know... again. But you couldn't find your camera. You raided my room, and then left to see if it was at your house. And I had to clean my room by myself, thank you very much.

"But I found it in the kitchen. Is it weird that I can be jealous of a camera?  It seems to get more of your attention then I do, anyways.

"You say it's an art. And that you're expressing yourself, but you're really just missing out on life. You're missing out on me. The best times we had were the ones that you didn't have your stupid camera.

"This stupid camera.

"And the more I think about it- the more I talk about it- the angrier I get. My biggest competition shouldn't be with a camera! I piece of technology! I'm worth so much more.

"And so why am I waiting around for you to come over day after day hoping you won't bring this camera? Hoping that you wake up and see I'm important too! I mean you left while we were hanging out, just to you could see if you left it at your house!

"It is that important to you? Is it that interesting?  Do you even love me? " Phil cries into the camera. He seemed to have went from sad, to angry, and back to sad again.

"I just wonder if you care about me and-" Phil begins again, but suddenly the front door swung open.

"Hey Phil I'm back the camera wasn't at my house so I thought maybe- oh! You found it! Nice" Dan said as he walked in. You could see Phil wiping his eyes of tears before the video goes black

***

My mouth hung open in Shock and tears pricked at my eyes.

I knew he always hated the camera and stuff, but I never knew about this video. I never knew he cared that much.

But it's too late now.

------------------------

Hey! This story is wrapping up in the next few chapters  :(

Love you! Bye!

~Madi