XVI

The barista was glaring at me from across the coffee shop. I has already been there any hour because I was sick of the hotel I stayed at.

But despite her glares, I sat in the back of the shop watching the clock. At 5:01 Phil walked in. I smiled to myself knowing that it was his attempt to be fashionable late, but he hates being late.

I watched his as he glances around the place until he sees me, and heads over with his head down. He sat down on the side of the booth across from me.

"Hey, did I keep you waiting long?" He asks, finally making eye contact with me. I always loved his eyes.

"No, not long. You still like the mocha chip latte?" I ask as I slide what I hope is still his favorite drink to him across the table.

"Yeah, thanks. How much do I owe you for this?" He asks, but I just shake my head as if to say "it's on me"

An awkward silence falls over us for a moment and I miss how we used to be.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" He asks. Looking out the window. Part of me wanted to take a picture, but that's not me anymore.

"Well, I'm moving. When I was going through all my things I found my camera," Phil's face dropped at the mention of the camera, " it reminded me of you. All the good times"

"Are you suggesting we get back together?" He says, making eye contact this time.

"No, not necessarily. I think I owe you an apology." I sigh. That for his attention. And I saw amusement in his eyes.

"When are you moving?" He changes the subject.

"Well, yesterday" I laugh at the situation.

"Oh, so you're still near here?" He guesses

"Uh, no. Not really.  I stayed in a hotel last night. I'm moving near wales. " silence lays over us again.

"Oh" he looked down into his coffee.

"Look, last summer was the best summer I've ever had. I ignored you, and put a phase in front of you. I didn't care when you were clearly annoyed. I'm sorry."

"Wales in a nice place"

"Yeah, I think so too. It's going to be nice there."

"Why did you answer my calls?" He sounded sad.

"Why did you even call me? I though you were just done. And why did you even answer my call yesterday?" I sigh

"I called because I loved you. I answered because I love you."  He sighed back, his eyes focused again on the window, " do you still love me?"

"I do."

A smile quickly spread across his face. He looked at me with a short lived sparkle in his eye before his face fell again.

"Oh what does that matter? You're moving anyways. This was stupid even meeting here.  It just ripped healing hearts. I should go." He grabbed his coat in his arms and stood up.

"Move with me" I blurt out, grabbing his arm to stop him.

"Move with you? That's crazy! I can't just stop my life to move in with you!" The people in the coffee shop were looking now but I didn't care.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. It was stupid. You're right." I sigh and look down. I'm beginning to dread silence.

"Well... Maybe I could be due for a change..."

"What?"

"Let's move. Together...... but no camera this time, promise?"

"Promise"

The End
--------------------

Oh boy oh boy! Next Wednesday I'll post an epilogue, but then thats it! It's over!

Ahhh :p

Love you! Bye!

~Madi