Chapter 06 | Are You My Psychiatrist Or My Matchmaker?

“Life’s all about moments of impact, and how they change our lives forever.” – The Vow

“Is there something that you’d like to tell me, Miss Jameson?” Aspen randomly asks me the following morning at school, prancing up to my locker.

“Um, I let you borrow that shirt a year ago and you never gave it back to me?” I guess, noticing that the shirt that she’s got on right now is mine.

It’s a really, really adorable shirt too—it’s just a simple beige colored V-neck but it has a bunch of really cute words like ‘beauty’, ‘happiness’, ‘peace’, ‘amour’ and a ton more and each word is printed on a black rectangle box thingy. The boxes are arranged on the front of the shirt into this big black heart that just kind of encompasses the front of the shirt.

I don’t know if that really makes any sense, but it’s an adorable shirt nevertheless. Aspen is kind of notorious for that though, borrowing my clothes (Sienna’s and Piper’s too, I assume) and never returning them. It’s kind of absurd to me though because she’s got an insanely beautiful wardrobe of her own, Aspen does. Now-a-days though, I usually just wear a different pair of blue jeans and a t-shirt every day, so I don’t really mind letter her steal my clothes.

“No, silly, that isn’t it,” Aspen laughs, playfully rolling her eyes at me and then giving me an expectant look.

“Well, then I have no idea what you’re talking about,” I truthfully assure my best friend, grabbing my psychology book out of my locker.

“So, you’re telling me that you didn’t spend the night with Graham Cambridge?” She wonders as I close my locker and the warning bell rings loudly.

“Where on earth did you get that dumb idea from?” I ask her, laughing a little bit at the complete and total absurdity of that statement. I close my locker then and the two of us start to walk down the hallway together.

I’m heading towards my psychology class but I’m pretty positive that Aspen’s class is all the way on the other side of the school building and up on the third floor. Seeing as how the warning bell, which signifies that we have five minutes to get to class before we’re tardy, just rang, I’m sure there’s no way she can make it there but I’m also fairly sure that she doesn’t care.

“Jake told me that he saw the two of you leave together last night and that you guys never came back,” She explains as if that can only mean one thing.

“Who is Jake?” I query as we push past two overly-muscular jocks that’re just standing in the middle of the hallway, blocking space and being obnoxious.

“Jake is no one. I hooked up with him a few weeks ago and now he seems to think that just because of that, he can just randomly talk to me at completely random times, like we’re best friends or something,” Aspen expounds with a sigh, as if having a guy talk to her is just the worst thing ever. “And don’t you go changing the subject, missy,” She demands.

“Well, your boy toy was wrong,” I inform my best friend. “We did leave together but we were only gone for like, two hours and then we came back.”

“Is this actually happening right now?” Aspen asks me with a wide grin on her face.

“Is what actually happening right now?” I wonder, glancing over at her suspiciously.

“Is Sawyer Jameson actually developing a crush on someone for the first time in a year?”

“First of all, I never ever had a crush on Flynn,” I retort. “And I definitely do not have a crush on Graham—I don’t even know the guy,” I remind her.