Better Places

Lauren

I was laying in my bed with Abby crying on her shoulder.

"He wouldn't even tell me what happened. Or where the hell he was going." I said wiping the tears as they fell.

Abby rubbed the top of my head. "Maybe he will after he comes back."

"If he's going to keep doing this shit, we don't need another baby." I sniffed.

"What do you mean."

"I mean. I'm pregnant."

"AGAIN!?" Abby yelled waking Lexi up.

"Go back to sleep." I told her. She crawled on my chest and went right back to sleep.

"Oh my gosh. Again!?" Abby whispered.

"Yes."

"How many months Lauren?"

"Not even a month. Like 4 weeks."

"Sis. What are you going to do?"

"What do you mean what am I gonna do? I'm not getting an abortion that's for sure!" I said then sighed. "But I also don't need another child right now. Ace can't even handle these two." I said looking at Lexi and Luke.

She sighed also. "If mom was still alive, she would help you."

"I know." Soon we all went to sleep in my bed.

Ace

"Ace can we stop at a hotel or something?" Pepper said putting her leg on the dashboard and her head on the window.

"No." I said and continued to drive on the interstate. We were headed back to Compton to look for Tisha. If we can't find her there we're going to look in another state.

"Well when are you going to rest-"

"That's the thing Pepper! I'm not resting until I find my son!"

"Cam said he's dea-"

"Fuck what Cam said. Cam said a lot of shit she didn't mean."

Pepper sighed and put her headphones in. "Whatever."

I sighed and continued to drive. About another hour later I looked at my gas needle and saw it was almost on E. I pulled over and stopped at a gas station.

As I steeped out the car I was hit with that night time breeze. I zipped my jacket up and got my credit card out. I swiped it, chose my type of gas, and started filling my truck up.

After filling it all the way up I was about to walk in the gas station.

"Aye where you going!" Tae yelled out the window.

"To piss nigga damn. Do you want to come with me?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Nah but bring me some hot fries and an Arizona tea."

I nodded signifying I would get it. As I walked inside the gas station the lady behind the register greeted me.

"Hello." She said.

I looked at her and kept walking to the restroom. After using it I zipped my pants up and headed to get Tae hungry ass some snacks.

My phone rang and it was Lauren. I answered.

"Yes Lauren?"

"Where are you." I heard her sniffing.

"Are you crying?" I asked picking up a bag of hot fries for Tae.