Win Some Lose Some

Lauren

I looked down at the papers. A divorce? Really? A divorce?

"Ace wait." I yelled and started running out of my office after him.

He ignored me and got into the car.

"Antwan." I said banging on the window.

He rolled his eyes then let the window down only a little.

"What Lauren?"

"You're really going to do this to me?" I asked as I felt tears coming.

"Yup." He said then started driving off.

I watched him drive away with tears forming in my eyes. This can not be happening.

I walked back inside the building and got stares from the people in the office.

"Are you okay?" Vicky asked.

I nodded and wiped a tear. I walked back into my office and sat back in my chair.

My tears dropped on the divorce papers. I know I fucked up badly but I didn't think Ace would go this far with it.

There were knocks on my office door. The door opened and it was Dr. Smith.

I quickly wiped my eyes and flipped the divorce papers over so he wouldn't see them.

"Hey Lauren." He smiled and sat some flowers on my desk.

"Hi." I said smiling.

"I brought you some lunch." he handed me a chipotle bag.

"Thanks for the lunch and flowers."

"No problem." He scratched his head. "Why haven't you answered my calls?"

I sighed. "Look Richard, I haven't been completely honest with you-"

Right in the middle of my sentence he got down on one knee.

"Before you be honest with me, I want to be honest with you. I love you Lauren and I want you to be my wife." He revealed a ring in a box.

I sighed. "Richard no."

"No?"

I went in my desk drawer and pulled out my wedding ring. "I'm already married." I showed him the ring.

He got off the ground. "So you lied to me?"

"Yes, and I am truly sorry."

"You've been lying the whole entire time?"

I sighed once again.

"All of that love stuff we did together it was all fake?"

"Somewhat fake. Look I don't know what to say to you right now, we can still be friends-"

"No that's okay. I don't want anything to do with you. Goodbye Lauren."

He knocked the flowers off my desk and slammed my office door.

"That went well."

Ace

I returned back to the house. When I walked inside I saw the kids packing up their suitcases.

"Make sure you pack all of your clothes. We're not coming back here."

"Okay daddy." Lexi said.

She had one suit case already packed so I grabbed it and went outside, putting it in the trunk.

I closed the trunk and turned around. I looked across the street and saw a car pulling up. I wonder if Ginger still lives there?

A girl got out the front seat, but it wasn't Ginger. I watched as the girl went to the backseat and pulled out a wheel chair. The girl then went over to the passenger door and helped Ginger get into the wheel chair.

"Aye Ginger." I said walking across the street.

A surprised look covered her face. "Ace oh my goodness. When did you get out of prison?" Ginger said pushing her wheel chair closer to me.

"A few days ago."

"Oh wow. I'm sure Lauren is excited that your home."

"Mhm." I said kind of rolling my eyes.

I tried to get off that subject.

"So what's up with the wheel chair?" I asked confused.

"Oh." She laughed. "I fell down my stairs and broke both of my legs."

"Oooo. Sorry that happened."

"Yea." She said.

"Ginger we need to get into the house." The girl said that was standing next to Ginger.

"Who is this?" I asked Ginger.

"This is my wife." Ginger said grabbing the other girl's hand. The girl bent down and kissed Ginger ON THE LIPS!

"Uh okay. I think I heard my daughter calling my name. So imma' catch you later."

"Bye Ace." Ginger said.

I ran my ass back across the street. I had idea she rolled like that. But hey if she's happy with her relationship I can't stop her.

"Aye y'all ready yet?" I asked Luke and Lexi.

"Ready pops." Luke said zipping up his bag.

"Let's roll."
*

*

*

Lauren

When I walked inside the house it was dark and quiet. I flipped on the lights.

"Hello? Ace? Lexi? Luke?" I yelled but didn't get a response.

"Hmmm." I said and sat my bags on the couch.

I walked to the kitchen and saw Ace's wedding ring laying on the counter.

Next to the ring were Custody papers. I read over them quickly and he wants custody of both Luke and Lexi.

I began crying and destroying everything in sight.

Well you win some and you lose some. In this case I lost everything.