Finalé: Blood Sweat & Tears

Pepper

"Can I give these to Auntie?" My daughter asked holding up a pack of skittles.

I laughed. "If you want to baby."

The elevator doors opened and we stepped off. Luke and Lexi haven't really been saying anything. They just look depressed.

"Okay guys. Sit out here for awhile."

"Yes ma'am." The kids said.

I walked into Lauren's room and saw Abby asleep in a chair with drool on the side of her mouth. I laughed.

"Abbygail." I said softly.

She jumped and wiped her mouth. "Huh? What?"

"Where is Ace?"

"Who knows. And who gives a shit." Abby said rolling her eyes and putting her hair into a bun.

"Why do you seem mad?"

"He pissed me off last night acting like he doesn't care about Lauren."

"I'm sure he does." I said.

The doctor walked into the room. Dr. Smith's lip was swollen and his nose was broken.

"Good morning." He spoke.

"Uh morning." I said trying to stop looking at his face. Somebody messed his shit up!

He checked Lauren's heart rate.

"How she doing doc?" I asked.

"Better than yesterday."

"That's good." Abby said.

"Aye doc. Mind if I ask you what happened to ya face?" I asked.

He sighed. "Ace kinda hit me."

I laughed. "Kinda?"

"Yea yea. Laugh all you want. I will be back this evening to check on Lauren again."

Abby and I nodded. I pulled up a chair and sat next to Abby. We made a small conversation about nothing in particular. The door opened and there stood Ace.

Ace

When I walked into the room I saw Abby and Pepper sitting there.

"GET OUT!" Abby yelled standing up.

"Abby nah. I thought about what you were saying last night and-"

"ACE LEAVE! YOU DONT EVEN CARE."

"YES THE HELL I DO-"

"Can y'all please stop all that yelling." We heard Lauren's voice.

We looked over and saw that Lauren was opening her eyes.

"Oh my goodness! Doctor! Nurse!" Abby yelled and then ran over to Lauren.

"Please stop yelling my head is pounding." Lauren spoke weakly.

I walked over to her. "Hey Lauren."

She fully opened her eyes. "Ace. Wow I never would have thought you would be here."

I chuckled a little and then wiped my face from the tears that had came. It was tears of joy I guess you could say.

"Well now that your here..." Lauren started to say. "Can you hand me my purse?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and picked up her purse and handed it to her.

She dug around for a few minutes until she pulled out a pen and the divorce papers. She signed them.

"Here." She handed me the paper.

I grabbed it and ripped it up.

Lauren

After signing the divorce papers I handed them to Ace but he ripped it up.

"Nah I'm not doing that shit to you Lauren. And I'm not taking the kids away."

"What made you change your mind."

"You almost losing your life made me realize I need to forgive you because every day isn't promised."

A smile appeared on my face. Ace bent down and kissed me.

While we were kissing everyone came in.

"Mama!" Lexi said running over to me and hugging me.

"Ouch. I see you miss me." I said trying to hug her.

"I did." Lexi said.

"Y'all made up?" Tae asked giving me a hug.

"Yea." I said smiling at Ace.

"About time!" Darwin yelled.

I laughed.

Ace walked over to me. "I love you Lauren."

"I love you to Antwan."

We went through everything together. Ace helped me come up from being not able to find a penny to eat with to having all the money in the world.

We lost a couple people doing this journey. But that didn't stop his grind

With all of that shit that happened to us we still managed to find love through Blood Sweat & Tears.

NO SEQUAL......

NEW SERIES ON THE WAY!❤️

Thanks for all the love and thanks for reading!