Save The Date

(Ginger)

Ace

After returning home from the park the kids were tired as hell.

"Gotta' pee, gotta' pee, gotta' pee." Lauren said running inside the house leaving me to get the kids out.

Luke was asleep and Lexi was dosing off.

I put Luke on my shoulder and grabbed Lexi with one hand. I kicked the door closed with my foot.

"Antwan Tucker is that you?" I heard.

I turned completely around and saw GINGER. I almost dropped Alexis on her head that's how shocked I was to see this girl. Last time I saw her she was skinny like a stick, teeth was missing and hair was gone. But she looked like he got all that fixed up.

"G-Ginger? Girl what the hell you doing all the way out here in Atlanta." I said.

She walked across the street and came over to me.

"Well after I got released from prison a couple weeks ago I decided to move out here to get a better life."

I nodded. "Mmm. Well that's good."

"These your kids?" She said looking at Luke and Lexi in my arms.

"Yea. They sure are."

Lauren came out the house.

"Oh hey Ginger. I see you met my husband." Lauren said to her.

"O- oh. This is your husband?" Ginger asked Lauren.

"Fiancé actually but we're getting married next month. You're welcome to come to our wedding." Lauren said showing her deep ass dimples.

"I definitely will."

"How do yall know each other?" I asked confused.

"Your fiancé sold me this house."

"Yup I sure did." Lauren smiled and grabbed Lexi and took her in the house.

Ginger looked down at her feet and stuck her hands in her pocket back pocket.

"I had no idea that you would be married and have kids." She said.

"Me either. But, I do."

"Well see you around." She smiled and walked back to her house.

Lauren

I was standing in the kitchen getting ready to cook some nachos and burritos.

Ace walked inside the house and laid Luke down on the couch putting his spider- man blanket over him.

I opened a bag of Doritos and Ace came behind me.

"Girl is it just me or are you looking thick as hell in those jeans." Ace grabbed my ass tightly.

"Stop damn, you're obsessed with ass."

He laughed. "But I'm for real. Your gaining some weight."

I instantly thought about the baby I'm currently carrying. Now would be the perfect time to tell him but I think I'm going to announce it at our wedding which is at the end of next month. June 26th.

I cooked the nachos. It didn't take that long. All it was, was some Doritos, ground beef, and Rotel cheese on top.

I was now starting on the burritos. My phone lit up and I saw I had a missed call from Ms. Evelyn. I haven't talked to her since we moved. I tried to call her back but didn't get an answer.

35 minutes later the food was finally finish.

"Ace you can come eat." I said fixing his plate.

I didn't hear his heavy ass feet come stomping into the kitchen.

"Ace!" I yelled and woke Luke up. I forgot he was still down here.

He rubbed his eyes and got off the couch walking over to me.

"I'm sorry mommy woke you." I said sitting him in a chair and handed him a plate of nachos.

"Antwan." I said again. When he didn't answer I stared walking up the steps.

I peeked into the bathroom and saw him taking pictures in the mirror.

I giggled and he turned around noticing me.

"Put some pants on fool." I said.

He chuckled. "I just got out the shower."

"Oh." I said and leaned against the wall. "Do you know Ginger or something?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Yea something like that." He said putting on basketball shorts.

"How?"

"Just an old customer/friend." He said putting on a white wife beater.

"Mmmm." I said.

"Yup." He turned the bathroom light off and walked downstairs to eat.

After eating dinner I decided to take a quick nap while Ace was handling the kids.

As I was laying in bed snuggled under my covers my phone vibrated loudly. I looked and saw Ms. Evelyn was calling.

"Hello?"

"You should be ashamed of yo' self!" She yelled through the phone.

"What did I do?" I asked confused.

"You didn't even bother calling and telling me my son proposed."

I totally forgot.

"Ms. Evelyn I am truly sorry."

"Mhm save it suga'."

I laughed. "How's the restaurant going?"

"Fine. I just miss you being here. Helping out."

"Aww." I said.

"How are my grand babies?" She asked.

"Luke is good and Lexi is bad as shi- heck." I said correcting my language.

She laughed. "Let that chile' be bad if she wants."

"Any ways now back to this wedding. What's the date?" Ms. Evelyn said.

"June 26th."

"I'll be there."