BrideZilla

Lauren

We made it back home safely about 2 hours ago.

"Is Darwin okay?" Abby asked as she pushed the stroller into the bakery. We were about to pick out a wedding cake. I asked her to come with me since Ace isn't in the mood.

"Sort of." I said answering her question. "He still can't believe his mother is really gone."

Abby shook her head in sadness.

"Hi welcome to Fancy Cakes how can I help you today?" A jolly spirited lady said with a wide smile on her face.

"My wedding is in 3 days and we don't have a cake yet."

"Ooooo bummer. But I can help with that." She handed me a catalog book. "Flip through this book and decide which design you would like, tell me the flavor and it will be ready tomorrow."

"Thank you so much." I said and sat down at a table with the book.

"Mommy I want to get out of here." Lexi said kicking her legs in the stroller.

"No." I said and started looking in the book.

I started flipping pages. I flipped to one page and found the perfect one. It was a seven layered cake with roses all around the bottom and at the top.

"Look Abby." I said showing her the picture of the cake."

"Ooooo that's pretty."

"I know. I think I'm gonna get it."

"Ma'am I want this one in vanilla and red velvet." I said showing her the picture.

"This is the most popular." She said. "Okay your total will be 1,500."

I handed her Ace's credit card. After leaving the bakery shop we went to the flower shop.

As I was walking around looking at the different types of flowers I got a call from Ace.

"Hello?" I said looking at the daisies.

"Wassup baby. Where you at?" He asked.

"I'm at the flower shop picking the flowers for the wedding."

"Nah imma' handle all that."

"Ace you don't even know which ones to get."

"Yes I do because I already got them. What you need to do is go to the mall and buy some new clothes for our honey moon."

"Oh yea about that, where are we going?"

"Paris." I heard him say.

"Antwan stop playing."

"Serious bae."

I squealed causing Lexi and Abby to look at me.

"Oh my goshhhh." I yelled excitedly. "Paris. Like Paris with the Eiffel Tower?"

"Yep you know it."

"Aww I can't wait!"
*

*

*
"Eat all your grits Lexi." I said putting a bowl in front of her.

"Luke stop playing with your eggs and eat them." I told him while wiping my hands off.

The front door opened and Abby walked inside with her headphones on.

"Hey sis." She said walking over to the stove eating a piece of bacon.

"Hey. Can you watch the kids for about 2 hours? Ace and I have to go make sure the wedding is being set up correctly."

"Sure." She jumped on the couch and turned on the tv.

"Thankssss." I kissed her cheek then jogged upstairs. I walked into my bedroom and saw Ace laying down on his phone.

"Baby get up

"Baby get up. We have to go." I said throwing on a sundress.

"Alright, alright." He said going into the bathroom brushing his teeth.

As I was brushing my hair into a bun I felt sick to my stomach.

Ace came out the bathroom.

"You good? You look green in the face."

"Yea." I nodded.

I can't wait until tomorrow so I can finally stop hiding this baby.
*

*

*

"I want the chandelier in the center of the church." I told the man as he stood on a ladder trying to hang the glass chandelier how I wanted.

"Baby where do you want to put these flowers?" Ace asked with a huge basket of followers.

"Umm just sit them on the table." I told him. "A little more to the left." I yelled at the man that was still hanging the chandelier.

Ace came and stood next to me. We looked around at the white and gold decorations.

"It looks so beautiful." I said smiling.

"It does." Ace put his arm around me.

I turned to him. "I can't wait until tomorrow. We will finally be. Mr. & Mrs. Tucker."