HOPE

Lauren

"Arrested!?" I asked making sure I heard them correctly.

"Yes." Darwin said.

"Then why the hell are y'all standing here all cool and shit? LETS GO!" I yelled and snatched my keys off the kitchen counter.

"Lauren wait." Pepper stopped me.

"What!? What are we waiting for we need to get down to the police station!"

"You need to clam down." Tae said.

"Calm down." I laughed. "Me? Calm down? My husband just got arrested and y'all want me to calm down."

"Lauren listen. You just need calm down and let us tell you what happened."

"Tell me in the car."

We all loaded into the truck except Abby because she stayed at the house with Luke and Lexi.

I started speeding down the road.

"Now what happened?" I asked switching lanes trying to pass the slow ass cars.

"Well umm... see what had happened was-" Darwin started to say.

"He was speeding. The cops pulled him over. They told him to open the trunk and when they opened it they found guns and illegal drugs."

I sighed. From hearing what went down I don't think he will be able to get out this situation. We'll see how it goes.

Ace

"Aye man. Nobody told yo' ass to open my damn trunk anyways!" I yelled at the cop that had put me in hand cuffs.

He sat me down in a room and hand cuffed me to the chair that sat near a table.

I sighed. A couple minutes later Lauren busted into the room.

"Baby!" She yelled and ran over to me pecking my lips multiple of times. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yea. I'm straight." I said.

She looked at me and then slapped the hell out of me.

"What did you do that for." I simi yelled at her.

"That's for being fucking stupid Antwan!"

I sighed."I know Lauren. But I'm not even going to do that much time. And if I do, we got enough money saved up to bail me out."

"I hope you're right." She said and let a tear slide down her cheek.

"Tucker. Let's go." The same officer came into the room with about 2 other officers.

"Your taking a little trip down to the jail house." He said putting my hand cuffs tighter and pulling me out the room.

"Wait!" Lauren yelled.

"Ma'am please step back." A police said to her.

"Lauren calm down. I'm gonna' be out of this mess tomorrow baby."

She nodded and sniffed. They put me in the back of a cop car. I looked out the window and saw Lauren standing there with tears still running down her face.

God please keep me out of this shit.
*

*

*
Lauren

I woke up bright and early. I was going down to the Georgia Jail Center to see if Ace was doing okay, and to see when he will be coming home.

I threw on a sun dress. As I was pulling it down I noticed I was starting to get a little baby bump. I smiled and ran my hand over my stomach.

"I can't wait to meet you." I said to myself.

I put on some sandals that matched my dress and just left my hair down.

When I went downstairs I saw Abby sitting on the couch watching TV with the kids.

"Hey mommy." Luke said.

"Hey baby." I kissed his cheek.

"And hey Lex." I kissed her forehead.

I went into the kitchen and took my prenatal vitamins so that the baby keeps growing healthy. After taking the medicine I grabbed a granola bar and a bottle of water.

"Where you headed?" Abby asked getting off the couch and walking into the kitchen where I was.

"Going to see Ace." I said.

"Are you okay Lauren?" She asked.

"Yea. Why?" I said taking a sip of my water.

"Because you haven't really cried."

"Because I know he won't be in there for long. I have hope and faith."

"Okay sis." Abbygail smiled.

"I'll be back in a hour or so."

"Alright."

I grabbed my keys and got into my Range Rover

"I'm coming baby." I said cranking up the car.

About 15 minutes later I arrived at the jail. When I entered I walk to the desk.

"Are you here to turn your self in?" The lady cop asked looking up at me.

"No. I'm here to visit my husband."

"Oh." She said handing me a clip board. "Sign on the dotted line. Please leave your phone, watch, and purse and put it in this bucket." She said handing me a small bucket.

I signed my name and placed everything she said into the bucket.

She came from behind the counter.

"Please hold your arms up."

I did as told and held my arms up. She started patting me down checking me for weapons.

"What's under here?" She asked patting my stomach.

"A child."

"Oh. Congrats."

"Thanks."

"What's your husbands name?" She said.

"Antwan Tucker."

"Oooo. Tucker huh?" She said in a awkward tone.

"Yea. Why did you say it like that?"

"Because poor fella' already had a fight."

I sighed.

"Go right through there." She said opening a door that led to a booth that had a phone and a glass window between it.

I sat down at the booth. A few minutes later I saw Ace walking towards me with a cop behind him.

"10 minutes Tucker." The cop said taking his hand cuffs off.

Ace sat down and picked up the phone.

"Hey baby." I said trying not to cry. I hate seeing my husband in a orange jump suit.

"Wassup. You good?" He asked.

"Yea. I should be asking you the same question. I heard you got into a fight."

He chuckled. "Yea I did. Over some toilet paper."

We both laughed.

"Sooo. When will you be able to get out of here and come home? I miss you."

"I miss you too Lauren. And I don't know. I have to go to court soon and see how much time I'll serve."

I felt myself about to cry so I tried to change the subject.

"Guess what Ace."

"What?"

"I have a baby bump."

He smiled looking excited. "Trust me, I will get out of here before you have that baby."

"I hope so."