One

"I am not!" I yelled innocently to my mother.

"Depression is not to be denied, nor is help when needed." She hummed and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine, quit pushing false things into my life." I spat.

"Stop being so rude to your mother, what have I done to you?"

"I'm sorry but I don't need this, I really don't." I pleaded and she shook her head no.

"Your going to the next meeting which is tomorrow. No buts, and you aren't going to change my mind on this."

"Mom!" I begged and she bit her lip in anger.

"I'm sorry Jaz, but I'm not having a daughter with suicidal thoughts, wouldn't you want to be happy?"

"You think an old lady talking to me around a bunch of kids my age is going to fix me?"

"I got you to admit your feelings, but yes, you'll be surprised." She turned the sink of finishing washing the last of the dishes.

"Fine mother, have it you way." I growled and she laughed.

"I will." She smiled and walked upstairs.  I sighed and tapped my finger nails on the table.

I don't want this, I'm fine alone the way I am, I'm seventeen, old enough to make my own decisions. I guess she just doesn't understand I don't need or want help for my own issues. They aren't even serious.

It was around twelve am and I was tired in which my bed was really all I cared about right now, so goodnight to myself, I don't love you.

I walked upstairs and got into bed, soon enough I was asleep.

--Depression camp--

When I woke up my mother explained to me where I was going and what was happening, of course.
I brushed out my blond hair and teeth, I put on some concealer, dark pink and brown eyeshadow with a little gold and some mascara. I did my eyebrows and got dressed into some black leggings and a white longer sweater with a plaid white and red scarf and my brown combat boots.

"You look nice." My mom looked me up and down and smiled.

"Thanks, can we get on with this shit?" I asked.

She squinted her eyes.
"Stop using that type of language around this home. My roof my rules."

I nodded, with honesty I didn't care but I would not tell my mother that.

She drove me to a big gray building that looked as if it had at least five floors.

"Mom where am I suppose to go here?" I asked as she parked the car into the parking lot waiting for me to get out.

"They told me for you to go on the second floor, third door on your right it's room one-o-two." She explained and I nodded.

I sighed again.
"Okay." I got out of the car, with the door open for my mom to speak.

"I love you." She smiled.

"Love you too." I mumbled and shut the door, and she pulled out quickly.

I ran my fingers through my hair and found the room she told me to go to, there sat five other people.

"Hello there." An older woman greeted and I gave a small wave.

"Hi." I smiled and shut the door  behind me.

"She's just joining, lets do our circle activity." I didn't know what that meant, but she told me to sit in the circle.

I examined the people, there were two boys and three girls not counting myself.

They all nodded and a girl with brown hair and brown eyes spoke. She was skinny and had nice eyebrows, the type of girl I wanted to be.
"I'm Isabella, I'm seventeen years old and I've been in this camp for about two months."

The next boy spoke, he was holding her hand which made me guess they were dating. He had red hair and blue eyes, and seemed very tall also.
"I'm Dylan, I'm eighteen and I've been in this camp for a year. I was assigned it by court because of my past." He smiled. I nodded and looked at the boy who sat next to him.

He had brown and blond curly hair and brown eyes. He played with fingers as if he was thinking of something to say and as he looked up I could see broken in his eyes, but obviously he was trying to hide it. I was interested.

"I'm Justin," he spoke. "But people mostly call me Jc. I enjoy adventures because they take my mind off of everything I don't want to think of."

"I like that." I smiled and he put his head back down making his curls bounce.

The next girl spoke. "I'm Kathy, I'm fifteen and my mom made me come here, I'm almost sixteen." She had blond hair and blue eyes, she was quite pretty but her mentioning her she made me realize Jc never said his age, but I was determined to find out.

The last girl spoke who had blond hair also and green eyes. She wore lots of black make up around her eyes and had pink streaks in her hair and many piercings. "I'm Jade, I'm eighteen and I came here because I needed it to be honest." She said carelessly and pulled out a single cigarette from her pocket and lit it.

"Please do not do that inside, please." The woman who seemed to manage this asked when jade gave her a dirty look.

Jade rolled her eyes and threw the burning cigarette out the window.
"It's gone, happy? Because I'm not." She spat.

Is that really how people talk at this place? It was disrespectful, I looked at Jc who still had his head dropped low.

"Your turn." The lady gave a bright smile to me.

"I'm Jazmyn, my mother forced me to this but I guess I could use it. I'm seventeen."

Jc was looking at me, but when I caught him he looked back down, and he looked unamused and bored.

"Dismissed." The lady said grabbing her bag and walking out the door. We all grabbed our things and Jc rushed out the door.

"Sir! Sir please." I asked and he stopped.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Tell me more about yourself, I'm interested."

He chuckled. "In what?"

"Your life. You seem different than them, I want to get to know you."

He shook his head no and continued to walk away.

"Excuse me, please?" I asked as I caught up to him.

He kept himself silent and kept me confused.