Seventeen

"Should I go to the hotel?" Jc asked rubbing my hand, looking a little down in the dumps.

I shook my head no.
"No just stay here I'll talk to him." I left his touch and walked upstairs to my heated father, who was currently sitting on his bed with his hands in his face.

"You love him more than me don't you?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, making my eyes turn into a squint.
"What, no? Why?" I asked in confusion.

"How come when I tell you no, you don't listen anymore?"

I shrugged.
"You can't tell me I can't have a relationship. What are you going to do when I'm older? Can't stop me then?"

"But your always going to be my little girl." He frowned and put his arm around me.

I smiled.
"I know, but I'm growing up."

"And you suck for doing that." He pouted.

"Now can you please try to get along with Jc."

He shook his head no, laughing.
"I'm going to go get a shower, maybe afterwards."

I nodded and walked back downstairs.

"What'd he say?" Jc asked me.

"Not much, he isn't mad anymore though but he's getting in the shower."

"Oh."

"Don't be scared of him, he's all mouth."

Jc nodded.

"Maci and I are gonna get going, you coming?" He asked Jc.

Jc bit his lip.
"Yeah, I won't have a ride otherwise."

I frowned, I hadn't seen him for awhile now, and now I still only have seen him for an hour.

"You can stay the night here." I blurted out without thinking.

Jc looked at me unsure.
"I don't think your dads going to like that, I'll see you tomorrow." He hugged me, and before I could say anything he was out the door.

Uhg.

My dad came downstairs with wet hair.
"Where'd everyone go?"

"To the hotel, I told Jc he could stay but he was too afraid of you."

"Jazmyn, I'm just now accepting your relationship with him, you seriously think I want him staying here?"

"It doesn't matter if you accept it, I'm turning eighteen soon, what are you going to do then?" I tapped my fingernails on the counter.

He became furious.
"Just because you turn eighteen doesn't mean you shouldn't care about your father anymore!"

"Your so selfish! I'll make sure to keep you happy before I keep myself happy! Sure! If that's what you want!"

"I'm trying to protect you! I know what guys are like!"

"He isn't like you! He doesn't yell at me for dumb things! He isn't selfish! He puts me before himself! You have no clue about him, don't act like you do."

He rolled his eyes.
"Don't come crying to me when he breaks your heart, because I warned you, you just don't listen."

"Don't worry, I won't cry to you! I'll never have a reason to!"

"Whatever!"

"Yeah whatever! I'm glad your happy that I probably won't see him for like six months!"

"Yeah! You won't, you aren't leaving this house."

"I will in six months, and you'll never see me again."

"Say what you want, but you'll realize what I'm saying later in life."

"Later in life, I'll have kids with him, and you won't see them, know their names, see me, see Jc, see any of the new family, because now I don't trust you."

"Don't trust me? Over a tiny fight!?"

I nodded.
"This isn't tiny."

"It's over a boy, Jazmyn! He isn't that big of a deal!"

"He is to me! And it isn't about him, it's about you never giving me freedom, never letting me do anything, you being selfish, that's what it's about."

"You know what? Do what you want."

I smiled to myself, and sarcastically smiled to him.
"I'll be packing my bags."

"No! You aren't leaving me!"

"You told me to do what I want, and I sure as hell don't want to be here wth you. I want to move."

"See where life takes you, you don't even have money."

"I don't need money."

"How are you going to find a house then?"

I shrugged.
"I'll figure things out, and Call the cops on me, see what happens."

"I'm so scared." He said in sarcasm.

"Remember when you use to abuse me and mom? You abused your five year old daughter and told us both to keep our mouths shut. Remember when you stole food from Walmart, on purpose? Remember when you drove me to a club and left me in the car for hours while you went inside and got drunk, then brought some girl home as you cheated on mom? Remember waking up and screaming at them both when mom found this girl in your bedroom?
Remember when you made my sister leave the house and she never came back! Remember all the things you did to me!"

He was in tears and shaking at this point.
"Do it. Call the police." I threatened.

He put his hands to his face and I went upstairs to pack my things quickly.

When I was done I walked back downstairs to my father who was in the same position.
"Here's your truck keys." I threw them at him, and walked out the door, slamming it.

Bye, dad.