Chapter 9

Lucy sat in her den. The walls covered in beautiful green vines, a few books Levy gave her, and a bed of twigs and fresh green leaves.

Her fluffy tail wrapped around her hind leg. Her eyes were closed. Her body relaxed and calm.

"Hey Luce!" Natsu barged into her den, a smile on his face.

Lucy let out an scared scream, causing Natsu to scream back. Lucy jolted to her paws, and darted around.
"NATSU!" She yowled, her fur fluffed up.

"Sorry.." he whined, his tail between his tail. "I just wanted to say 'hi' to ya"

"Well Hi!" Lucy barked.

A little blue Jay flew in Lucy's den, he landed on Natsu's shoulder. "Hey, Lucy!" It chirped.

Lucy sighed and smiled. "Hello, Happy."

"Natsu just wanted to see you. Because he Looovveess you!" Happy sang, his wings fluffing up.

"SHUT UP, STUPID BIRD!" Lucy snarled, a blush filling her face. Happy giggled as he crawled to Natsu's head.

"So Lucy." Natsu walked deeper to her den. "I brought ya something!"

"A twig?" Lucy said, with a long sigh. She remembered the last time. When Natsu got her really hyped for a gift, when all she got was an twig.

"I'll be right back!" Natsu darted out of her den,with Happy on his head.

Lucy chuckled and smiled. "Oh Natsu.."

After an minute or two. Natsu waddled in, dragging of what looked like a big plump deer leg. Lucy's eyes widened as her jaw dropped.

Natsu placed it in front of her as he grinned. "It's fresh!" He hummed.

Lucy looked at the deer leg, she held back a drool as she heard a slight giggle behind Natsu's ear. Which was obviously Happy.

Lucy dipped her head down at it and sniffed. Well Natsu wasn't lying. It sure was fresh.

"And that's not it!" Natsu walked out of her den again. Lucy stared at the juicy plump piece of meat.

Natsu jogged back in, a beautiful pink flower in his mouth. He placed it on the ground next to the leg. Happy flew from Natsu's head and picked up the flower from the floor, and placed it next to Lucy's ear.

Natsu grinned as Happy landed back on his head. Lucy blushed at the flower.

"Thank you, Natsu!" She smiled. "Oh, and Happy!"

Natsu laughed as he padded out of the den with Happy.

Lucy looked down at the deer leg and bit into it. "mhmm.." she chewed. The smell of meat filled her nose, and her ears flattened and a smile grew on her face.

---------------------------

Erza bit an chunk of meat off of her kill. She was out in the open, her tail hit the ground as she hummed. It was dark, the moon and stars shining.

"I'm here." A male voice said.

Erza looked up to see Jellal. "You actually crossed the border?" Erza questioned, as she swallowed the chunk.

Jellal nodded his head as he sat in front of her. "How is it?"

"Same." Erza replied,looking up at him. "Boys always fighting, Mira shipping. Same old, same old."

Jellal let out a chuckle. "She's still at it?"

"She never stops." Erza sighed.

Jellal looked up at the sky, the stars shined against his eyes.

"How 'bout you?" Erza asked, breaking the silence.

Jellal looked back at her and smiled. "Cobras still a pain in the ass. Racer scaring the pups, Midnight sleeping almost all the night, Meredy and Angel being girls. Weird ones."

Erza let out a chuckle as she look up at Jellal. "Why did you even let them in your pack if there weird?"

"They may be weirdos but they hold a lot of skill."

"I heard Cobra made you spit water out of your nose." Erza laughed.

Jellal growled and looked away. "He told another one of those Blondie jokes. Beside who told you that?"

Erza bit a piece of meat out again and smiled. "Angel did. Me and her meet here sometimes to talk. She's really nice."

"so it's her crossing the border..I would have never thought." Jellal frowned.

Erza got up and smiled. "I must go now." She said. "It's getting late. You can have the piece of meat if you want."

Jellal shoke his head. "I'm good."

Erza turned around and walked away. She soon disappeared.

"Isn't she something." Jellal moaned with a smirk.
"Yeah. She is." Jellal turned to his side to see Cobra with an grin across his face.

Jellal let out a yowl as he fell to his side. Cobra let out a laugh as he ran into the forest.

"COBRA!" Jellal jumped to his paws and ran after him. "YOU'll PAY!"