Chapter 17

"You're kidding right?" Laxus asked in disbelief.  Jellal shook his head and looked up at him. "I will not take part in this alliance." he spoke. "There is no point if were all gonna be wiped out slowly. We might as well accept our fate."
"Jellal, We are serious!" Makarov barked. "We all need to join together an-"
"Shut it old man!"
Makarov jolted over to the entrance of the cave to see Cobra, his one eye twitching. "If Jellal don't wanna join then he doesn't have to! So leave him be!"

"First of all why are you in here!?" Sting snarled. "You are not one of the alphas!"
Cobra smirked. "Neither are they." He pointed at team Natsu with his tail. "So why are they here then?"

"Because there my guests!" Laxus replied.
"Then Cobra will be my guest. " Jellal said. "If you can have guests so can I."

"Besides. I am of higher order than them anyway." Cobra mumbled making all of Team Natsu growl and snarl. He sat down next to Jellal and yawned.

"Now Jellal." Makarov said. "Let's not over react, if there is only three packs left, The time of war is coming and we all need to stick together!"
"Master is right!" Erza said to both Jellal and Cobra. "We need as many wolves as possible. Even if it means teaming up with the rogues."

"See Titania, Now you lost me." Cobra said. Jellal nodded and spoke. "We can't fight a war we can't win. We might as well move somewhere else. Perhaps in the higher mountains. Or even if we need to. Near the two-leg camp."

"No way in hell were moving!" Natsu snarled.
"Yeah!" Lucy agreed.
"I rather fight for our land then just leave it." Gray said with a smile.

"Maybe their right." Cobra said to Jellal. "Moving may be a little too harsh. There isn't that much prey anywhere else. or water even."
Jellal sighed. "Guess you're right for once. Either way I'm not joining."

"What would Kagura had wanted you to do?" Natsu said tilting his head. "If she was here would you have joined?"
Jellal froze.
"Kagura was a huge bitch!" Cobra barked. "She got what she had comin' anyway!"
(Forgot to announce that there were gonna be a lot more swearing in my books sooo)

"Erik." Jellal whispered. "Shut the hell up."
"It's Cobra."
"I DON'T GIVE A CRAP!"
"Well you should."

"Both of ya' shut the hell up!" Laxus yowled shocking both Jellal and Cobra. 

The two males growled. "No one even asked you anyway, Natsu." Jellal grunted looking at his paws. "answer my question!" Natsu barked.
"UGH, CAN SOMEONE KICK SALAMANDER OUT PLEASE!?" Cobra snarled.
"WOULD YOU, JELLAL!? IF SHE WAS HERE!" Natsu shouted with anger in his eyes, but Jellal's eye kept to his paws, with a guilty look.

"ANSWER ME!"
"..no.." Jellal whispered quietly causing Natsu to look at him in shock.
"You're kidding me, right?" Natsu said narrowing his eyes, ears flattening and teeth bared.
"If Kagura was here I wouldn't have anyway," Jellal admitted. "Her death was a horrible thing to have to go through. But at least now she is with her brother. The only reason i'm not joining is because I don't wanna fight I war we can win. It's pointless. But you all are blinded by hope.  You think we can win? But we can't! You're all dreaming and need to wake up!"

And that was it. Jellal stood up on all fours and quietly walked out. His words surprised everyone, even Cobra looked shocked. "I..." Cobra stuttered before following Jellal out of cave. Jellal  exited Lightning pack with Cobra close behind him.

"What was that about?" Cobra asked as he walked beside Jellal.
"I promised Kagura before she died that I would get all of Water packs pups back from Viper." Jellal replied.
"So?"
"I'm gonna go to the dark mountains to Acnolgoa's army two days from now. And Cobra, You're coming with me."
"What!? I ain't gonna risk my life just cause' you wanna get some pups back!"
"You're one of the Seven kin. You're usefull. Since you and Viper seem to share the same powers,
"Yeah. But our aura's are different. And i'm poison and hers is like.Acid or venom or something."."
"Still. Besides a battle between you and her would be quite amazing."
"Fine. I'll go with you."
"Good."

-----------------

The forest shined as the sun touched the horizon. Wendy and Romeo had been walking for what seemed like moons. But the conversation seemed to go one forever.

"So each element has a different Aura, jempt and symbol?" Romeo asked.

"Pretty much. Like, my element is sky. My aura is blue, my jempt Is healing, and my symbol is hope." Wendy replied with a smile. "Natsu's is fire, his aura is red, his jempt is combat, and his symbol is victory. Gajeel's is iron, his aura is green or grey, his jempt is combat and his symbol is redemption."

Romeo nodded his head. "And what do you mean by 'jempt' anyway?" he asked. Wendy smiled. "It's kinda like what were good at! There's only two jempts that I know of and those are combat and healer. I'm the only healer in the prophecy. And possibly the only girl too."

"Wrong, my dear!" a voice said. Both the pups jolted around and looked up to see Viper sitting against a tree with a grin. "You are not the only female kin! Why, so am I!"

"W-Who are you?!" Romeo snarled jumping in front of Wendy, his ears flattened and teeth bared. Viper grinned and stood up. "I am Viper! But I'm also known for many other names which you have probably heard in stories, or seen me in nightmares."

"Why are you trying to hurt me?!" Wendy cried making Viper frown. "I prefer not to kill pups. " she said her ears flattening. "You see, I lost my only pup many years ago to the two-legs and they....THEY KILLED HIM! I've been searching for years trying to find at least SOME KIND OF CLUE THAT HE IS STILL OT THERE! I'VE GROWN INSANE AND LOST ALL MY BEAUTY AS YOU CAN SEE!"
"I'm so sorry for your son! I truly am, But why are you taking it out on us!?" Wendy said with tears in her eyes.

"You'll get in the way of a future plan, and I must destroy you! And I was planning to just kill you as quickly as possible! But it seems it won't be that easy."
"Let us go, please!" Wendy whined. "If you let us go we'll help you find your son. We promise!"
"Wendy, are you crazy?!" Romeo barked. "She's trying to kill us! We shouldn't be trying to help her. It's her fault for probably not taking care of her pup anyway!"

Viper lunged towards the two and swatted them apart. Wendy hit her back against a tree as Romeo rolled over on his back. Viper stood on top of the Romeo with her teeth bared and green saliva dripping from her sharp canines. "WATCH YOUR MOUTH, BOY!" she snarled making Romeo whine.

"I loved my son with all my heart and you DENY IT!? ERIK WAS THE ONLY THING I LOVED AND THEY TOOK HIM AWAY FROM ME!"
Wendy got to her paws, her back arched and back legs shaking. She glanced at Viper and growled as her ears flattened.

"NOW ROMEO CONBOLT I'LL MAKE SURE YOU SUFFER THE SAME CHAOS AS I DID!" Viper yowled. "ONE MOON FROM NOW YOUR FATHER WILL DIE FROM A TWO-LEG IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES! THEN YOU WILL SOON FOLOW HIM IN THE SAME WAY!"

"NO!" Romeo cried. "DON'T PLEASE I TAKE IT BACK!"

"THIS CURSE WILL LAST TILL THE DAY IS UPON YOU!"

Viper's jaws opened as a green mist flew from her jaws into Romeo's eyes. He screamed as Viper laughed. Wendy struggled as she walked over to the back of a thick tree. She howled at the tree as a powerful force of wind hit against the tree breaking it from it's trunk.. "ROMEO MOVE!" she cried as the tree slowly tilted to Viper and Romeo. Romeo kicked Viper back with his hind legs and darted away. "COME BACK!" Viper shouted before glanced up to see the tree falling towards her. "Oh shi-"

CRASH

The thick tree collapsed onto Viper, squishing her underneath. Wendy exhaled before groaning. "That won't keep her down." she said. "We have to try to find the pack! Let's go!"
Wendy jolted off  into the forest. The sun now disappeared with the moon taking it's place. Romeo followed Wendy as he breathed heavily. Viper's words still stung in his ears and mind.

"ONE MOON FROM NOW YOUR FATHER WILL DIE FROM A TWO-LEG IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES! THEN YOU WILL SOON FOLLOW HIM IN THE SAME WAY!"

"THIS CURSE WILL LAST TILL THE DAY IS UPON YOU!"

He whispered to himself.
"What have I done...?"