Chapter 23

Natsu was in pain. Every bone in his body felt like it was broken or completely shattered. The battle with Adder didn't go so well. They were all beaten easily despite having numbers. Adder, Viper, and Raven ran off, or Adder flew off since he turned to a raven. 

"Stop squirming!" Mira shouted, trying to apply a substance to Natsu's wounds. But once she did, Natsu cried out as the substance burnt. 

"Shut up Flame-brains!" Gray barked , his grey fur stained with blood. He lifted his left paw, which was crushed and broken. Adder had bit onto his left front leg , crushed it in his jaws then threw him away to the side.

Erza seemed to get the worst of it. The poor she-wolf can't even stand up, she had to be carried. She was flung around like a a rag-doll, bitten into, and much worse.
Jellal seemed to get the same too, but Shadow's pack healers are dealing with him.

"I wish I was there." Laxus growled, sitting at the entrance of the healing den.  "We would have had a bigger chance."

Gray added. "Even with you we would have lost. Let's just be lucky it wasn't here in our pack. Shadow pack deserved the damage."

"Don't say that!" Lucy barked, sitting at Natsu's side. "No one deserves any sort of pain! Even the most evil of beings."

"Stop being so nice, Lucy!" Laxus hissed. "In this world there is no mercy. It's every wolf for himself."
"That sounds familiar..." Natsu mumbled. 

"Your sick Natsu. Everything will!" 

"Not as sick of your face!"

"Both of you stop!" Mira barked breaking up the fight.  She glared at Laxus telling him to stop with her eyes. And he did just so, facing away and scoffing.
The white she-wolf continued to carefully rub the liquid onto the large wounds on Natsu's body.

They were very bloody and gnarly. She had never seen anything like this. "Tell me more about this Adder guy."

Gray rolled his eyes and sneered. "I'm not even sure about what the guy is. I bet he's not even a pure-blood wolf. The guys a straight hell-hound from hell."

"Don't say that word." Erza mumbled, her voice cracking. "I don't like it."

Gray cracked a tiny smile.

"GRAY!" a voice shouted. A blue wolf with a light blue under-belly ran into the den with tears falling out of her eyes. Her name is Juvia.
She ran to Gray's side and rubbed up against him. "Oh GRAY ARE YOU ALRIGHT! I HEARD WHAT HAD HAPPEN!"

"Juvia your in my bubble again." Gray said , pushing the she-wolf away slightly, but she came right back, sticking to him like glue. 

----------------------

Wendy had an uneasy feeling in her gut. She didn't trust Basilisk one bit. He looked liked trouble , but Romeo seemed to praise the wolf. His grin just rang 'evil' to her, but to Romeo it was hope and someone to look up to.

Grandeeney had always said to never judge a book by it's cover. But this time Wendy was for sure.

Basilisk was a large wolf and left huge foot-prints in the ground, and the grass seemed to rot under them. Plus his aura was sinister and reminded her of Adder a bit. 

"And me and my dad will go hunt together even though he's kinda rusty!" Romeo says , walking alone Basilisk. "He ain't that bad but when he was younger if was wwaayy better."

Basilisk grinned. "Your father sounds like a cool guy."

Romeo's smile formed into a frown and his ears flattened. "He's gonna die though. Viper said so. She cursed me that he'll die when I return and then i'll die the same way."

"Viper eh?" Basilisk looked down at Romeo. "This ain't a surprise. The she-devil always curses children since she can't kill them on her own. I don't blame her though! She's seen shit."

Romeo glared up at Basilisk. "You know Viper?"

The male wolf lowered his head down and a sinister ear to ear grin grew on his face face. "You have no idea kid."
he then began walking up ahead leaving Romeo behind. But he quickly shook his head and caught up to the large wolf, leaving Wendy alone again.

The tiny pup sighed and puffed out her fur. She wanted to join the two but felt like something bad was gonna happen. But she followed in the shadow of the large wolf.

As she looked down at the shadow she saw nothing wrong with it. But as she looked closer, it had horns. Her heart dropped as she looked up at the wolf. He had seemed to forgotten about her as his conversation with Romeo grew.

That was when the tiny pup knew something was up. And it was not good.

-----------------

Sorry if there's misspelled words and grammar mistakes. My english isn't very good in my opinion.
But I hope you enjoy this chapter!