14

"And who might this be?" Tyler's doctor,Mrs. Sharon,spoke softly,referring to josh.

"Um,this-this is my friend,josh." Tyler introduced quietly.

It had been a while since josh had been in a physiatrist's office. This woman was so nice,her presence was warm and soothing.

She wore some sort of vanilla-lavender scent that's wasn't strong,but wasn't subtle,it's was just right. Her straight,brunette hair just reaching to her shoulders. Her smile was just great,there's no other way to describe it,just great.

Everything about this woman was sweet and gentle,she was born for this job.

But josh didn't like it.
She looked like a professional. Josh didn't want her to see right through him. His heartbeat faltered,but it wasn't an anxiety attack. He lost his breath,but this wasn't an anxiety attack,he had no idea what this was. It was fear or paranoia or something.

Externally,josh was looking at Tyler.
Internally,josh was screaming.

"Hi josh,Tyler's told me about you. I'm Sharon,how are you?"
She smiled her smile,slowly reaching a hand out for josh so she wouldn't startle him.

"I-I'm good,how about you?"

"Pretty good,pretty good."
She directed her attention back to her patient.

"Now,tell about how your month has been."

"Well," Tyler began. "I had two anxiety attacks,so that's getting better.uuummm,oh,I ran out of meds."

"Yeah,I have yo make sure I refill that for you. How are you when you dont take them?"

"Um,sc-scared."

"Yeah,I know honey,you'll  have to get used to the new ones,that last batch just didn't work." She shook her head slightly.

Apparently something had happened with the medicine,josh had no idea.

He didn't know what was really happening or what they were talking about;it made him uncomfortable.

They just kept talking while josh stared at his shoes. He listened to them,he really did;but he wasn't in the same place as them.

"So,josh. Have you noticed any changes in Tyler's mood?"

Josh snapped into reality and looked at the doctor then to Tyler.

"Well,y-yeah he does have mood swings and stuff,but nothing-nothing unusual,really." Josh stuttered out.

"That's good,it is. So,okay,Tyler,I'm thinking we're gonna take you off the 'panic pills' 'cause they don't seem to be working. But,we do have something stronger,or do you wanna see how you'll do without them? Just for,ya know,a week or two and if anything happens call me."

Tyler looked over at josh,he didn't really know what to say.

Josh saw a glint of uncertainty in his eyes. Josh nodded slightly,letting Tyler know it's okay.

Tyler looked back at mrs.sharon.

"I think-I think I can go wi-without them just for a-a little while though."
He replied,a bit shaky.

"That's sounds good,sweetheart. Now,like I said,call me if you need it,I've always got time for you."

Mrs. Sharon never said that to any of her patients.
She truly loved Tyler. He and been her patient since 7th grade,when he started having anxiety attacks twice a a week and tried to kill himself a few times.

He had been having anxiety attacks less frequently since he was a little kid,and mrs.sharon was the first doctor he trusted.

"Okay,so I'll make sure I get that prescription for you're 'happy pills' to your mom and she'll get them for you,okay hun?"

"Okay." Tyler said.

"And josh,you better take care of him."

"Oh believe me,I will." Josh laughed.

"Good,you boys head on." She smiled her smile even bigger now.

Josh and Tyler got up and went to the door. Josh held the door for Tyler,but before he could walk out, mrs.sharon stopped him,

"Hey,josh."

Shit.

"Yeah?" He turned around to face her.

"I noticed how you were acting. You love him,but you're scared,right?"

"We-well,"

"I know someone who's hurting when I see one josh. Tyler told me how much he loves you,and I didn't tell his mother,I love Tyler too. But don't be scared to tell him about what's going on in your head."

Josh was almost emotional,no one had ever been sympathetic about this. But Tyler thought josh was perfect,he didn't want to change that.

"Yes-yes ma'am,I-I understand."

She held out her arms,her patients usually didn't like this because it's physical contact,but she could tell josh needed this.

Josh accepted and wrapped his arms around her.

He pulled away a few seconds later,feeling very uncomfortable,but also afraid that she could tell.

He smiled and waved goodbye as he walked through the open door to where Tyler was,checking out of the front desk.

"Ready?" Tyler asked.

"Yep." Josh smiled.

As they walked out big the lobby into the parking lot of the children's physiatrist,Tyler asked: "what did she talk to you about?"

Josh tensed.

"Oh,ya know,just making sure I'm gonna take care of you." Josh lied.

Tyler smiled and grabbed his hand.
"Good." He kissed Josh's cheek and ran to the car.

"Yeah,good." Josh mumbled.

Taking out his car keys.