13

"I'm sorry" jasper says still stood in the middle of the garden in his pajamas soaking wet.

"It's okay you didn't know what was going on" Jeremy says putting a wet hand on jasper's shoulder.

"Do you guys want drying off?" Amiee asks and jasper is confused but Jeremy just nods his head and pushes down on jasper's shoulder to hold him in place. Amiee pushes her hands out in front of her and starts to blow air out of her mouth. This makes hurricane force wind hit Jeremy and jasper. After a few seconds Amiee stops and the boys are completely dry.

"Thanks aims" Jeremy says letting go of jasper's shoulder and starts walking over to the rest of his clan leaving Amiee and jasper in the middle of the garden.

"I have a lot to learn about you don't i" jasper says walking over to Amiee, putting an arm around her shoulder.

"I will warn you now, not all of it is pleasent. I have some dark secrets hidden in my past" Amiee says looking down.

"Don't we all?" Jasper says feeling guilt and sorrow build up in her.

"Seventy two" Amiee says still looking down.

Jasper looks up and they are the only ones left in the garden "seventy two what darlin'?" He says letting his southern twang come out in his voice.

"That's how many lives I am responsible for" Amiee says tearing up. Jasper hugs her and holds her tight, feeling the guilt overwhelm her.

"I know exactly how you feel" jasper says into her hair "it's hard to live with, but it gets better" he says making her look at him. "I promise" looking her dead in the eyes. She nods and wipes away her tears away. Jasper smiles at her and sends her a wave of happiness.

"Thank you" she says grabbing his hand and walking back inside.

Looking at the clock it is almost 4 in the morning. "Your aunt still wake up at 8?" Alex asks Amiee.

"Not too sure, I know Joe will be up early, you can't really be here when they do, too many questions, not enough reasonable answers" Amiee says trying to keep her secret from her family.

"Well the idea was for us to set up in the woods, and we will stay out of sight till your aunt and Renee go back to arizona"

"What about me and Joe?" Amiee asks

"You knew this day was coming amiee" Illiana says

"Joe is not becoming one of us, it's too dangerous!" Amiee shouts as she steps up into illiana's face.

"Amiee, it's either that or you loose him forever, something is going to happen, I've seen it, the only way to protect Joe is to make him one of us" Illiana says making amiee stare her straight in the eye.

"Keep your hands off my brother he's 16 for crying out loud!"

"You where 15 when you changed" Emilia says. Amiee glares at emilia making her cower in fear.

"Amiee he's going to die, you two are never going back to arizona again. You're staying here and something is going to happen, if he isn't an immoral he is going to die" Illiana says.

"Fine!" Amiee says storming off into her room.

"She's very protective" Illiana says turning around to the rest of the people in the room. Jasper goes to follow her but George stops him.

"just leave her for a bit, she needs to calm down" George says making jasper nod in acknowledgment.

"She hasn't changed a bit" Jeremy says sitting down waiting for the rest of his clan to get up and go.

"And what do you mean by that?" Jasper asks Jeremy. The protective feeling creeping over him when he talk about amiee.

"She still a hot headed, I don't give a fuck little prima Donna" Jeremy says laughing.

"She wouldn't be like that if it wasn't for you" Emilia says walking out of the back door.

"Come on guys, let's leave these guys in peace for a while" Illiana says. George, Alex and Jeremy get up and say their goodbyes. Just as Illiana was about to walk out of the door she turns to Carlisle "ill see you soon" and then she's gone. Leaving the Cullens alone in the living room.

"Are they gone?" Amiee asks hiding behind a wall in the hallway.

"They're gone" Carlisle says as amiee steps out into the living room.

"Are you okay?" Esme asks as the girl sits down on the sofa.

"Yeah I'm okay" amiee says pulling her knees up to her chest. Everyone else sits down around her. Jasper sits down next to her and puts a strong arm around her shoulder and pulls her closer to him.

"Can I ask you something amiee?" Carlisle asks.

"Sure" she says in low tone.

"Why are you opposed to your brother having this lifestyle?" He asks trying to be sensitive about the question.

"He's my brother, I know the intense pain you have to go through to become one of us, I don't want him to have to experience that" she says being completely honest with everyone.

"But wouldn't a lot of pain be better than him dying?" Emmett says.

"I know that but if he is exposed to this life he will never get to be normal, This life doesn't allow normal. I don't want him to hate me down the line" amiee says.

"But didn't you say you trained for a whole year so you could survive the transformation?" Carlisle says.

"Yes Joe won't even have half that time, he will have a choice anyway" she explains.

"What do you mean a choice?" Rosalie asks

"He will get a choice to be a witch, a vampire or a lycan" she says.

"That's pretty neat" Emmett says making amiee giggle.

"I wish it was Emmett" she says looking down into her lap.

"It will all turn out fine darlin'" jasper says placing a kiss to amiees cheek. She smiles at him and nuzzles into his neck more.

"You two look so cute" Alice says. Amiee looks at Alice and gives her a smile. Denver starts crying from the other room and Amiee goes to get up but gets stopped by jasper.

"I'll get him" he says and in a blur he is out of the room and the crying stops.

"I hope he doesn't think he has to be a father figure to denver" Amiee says.

"Why would you say that" es me says claiming the empty seat next to Amiee seeing that she is upset from the look in her eyes.

"I just don't want to put pressure on him, denver is my child and just because jasper is my mate doesn't mean he has to be his father"

"if you don't want him to then just say, I'm sure he would understand. But you should also understand that because he is your mate he will want to protect denver just as much as he wants to protect you" Carlisle says

"I'm going to sound stupid now, but I wish he was his father I wish I could go back in time, change the past but still keep my beautiful baby boy but I can't"

"Look at these" emmett says and passes her the two pictures he snapped of her and jasper and denver. "Your already a family, you don't need to wish it because it's already true" tears starts to fall from Amiee's eyes as she looks at the pictures, it's all she every wanted, a family to call her own, she has been Lonely for so long.

"Can I say something?" Jasper says from the hallway, he has denver sat on his hip as he walks over to an emotional Amiee. He squats to the floor in front of her making her look at him and denver. She nods and he carrys on "your ex is stupid, he gave you up and he gave him up because of his anger. You have been on your own for so long, me as well. Let me help, I know I'm not his father, but I want to be the next best thing, I promise to do everything I can for you and him. Just please let me" venom fills in his eyes making tears that will never fall. Amiee takes him free hand and smiles at him.

"Okay" she chokes out making the Cullen family smile around them.