1.06 | A Different End to a Different Day

A Different End to a Different Day

fate: [feyt]; noun; the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events; time.

    Everyone in his homeroom was staring at Felix as his phone started pinging incessantly, causing Mrs. Lewis to look up and give him her second stern stare of the morning. He gave an apologetic look before turning the phone on; he hardly ever remembered to put his phone on silent because he hardly ever received text messages.

    The message was from a number he didn't recognize, but a number which immediately sent a sour feeling to his stomach.

    Rolling his eyes and trying his absolute hardest not to curse at the top of his lungs to a classroom mainly comprised of underclassmen, Felix excused himself and headed for the office, books in tow

    It took him barely a minute to make his way down to the main office, where the people inside seemed to be something out of his worst nightmare: cheerleaders and football players all milling around together in an enclosed space. Both parties were in their athletic uniforms despite the fact that they didn't have a game to play or cheer at for another two weeks. All were decked out in their Capital High best except for Jessica Anastos and Sasha Corrian, who had always thought themselves to be "too cool" to do anything that even their friends were doing.

    Did they even have any real friends?

"Oh good, you're here!" Jessica exclaimed as Felix entered, wincing slightly.

"Why did you call me down?" Felix asked angrily, and Jessica laughed airily as Nova exited the principal's office and joined them.

"Your darling cousin here was just informing me of her class schedule, and I saw that all three of us are in the same class! I know how much she wants to hang out with you, and so I figured we could all walk there together!" Jessica smiled broadly.

Nova grinned at Jessica and then turned to Felix.

"Is that alright? I didn't know if you had any friends in that class that you wanted to be with, but Jessica insisted!"

"I'm sure Brannon doesn't have any friends in that class." Jessica assured Nova, "It's just a regular-level psychology class, nothing like his AP friends would be into."

"This is honestly why you called me down here? Your eighteen angry text messages were about this? Walking to class?" Felix was sure to direct his anger towards Jessica and not towards his cousin, "You do realize that you could have just stopped by my homeroom before class, right?"

"How was I to know when you leave homeroom? You could have been the first one out of there and we would have completely missed you!" Jessica smiled. "It was really just to make Nova comfortable."