3.21 | Double the Date

Double the Date

addition: [uh-dish-uh n]; noun; something added.

"Aw, isn't that Ethan and Scarlet over there?"

Caleb looked over to where Sasha was pointing, his eyes finding his best friend and Scarlet Levings dancing together during the school's Valentine's Day Dance. He turned back to Sasha and shrugged.

"Sash, they've been dating for a year now. Why do you still think that they're so cute?"

"I'm just glad that Scarlet's found someone." Sasha replied, shaking her head. "I felt so bad after everything that happened freshman year with the cheer squad, so I'm glad that she has something good going for her now."

"You feel bad that she was a terrible cheerleader and didn't make it on the high school squad?" Caleb shook his head, holding back a laugh. "That's not something to feel bad about, Sash."

Sasha rolled her eyes and laughed slightly.

"Oh, hush. I just want everyone to be as happy as I am." She grinned up at her boyfriend, and Caleb couldn't help but smile back. "You make me so happy, Caleb. You know that, right?"

Caleb nodded.

"I can't possibly make you as happy as you make me, but that's beside the point." He grinned as they swayed across the dance floor. "I don't think that anyone is going to argue with me on that, either."

Sasha held her head in the air, her eyebrows raised.

"I have to keep my cool, you know. I don't want anyone thinking I'm whipped or anything."

"Even though you are?"

"That's for me to know and you to never find out, Halpon."

The two burst into laughter together, attracting a few annoyed glares from the surrounding couples until they realized who they were glaring at and immediately went back to smiling politely. As an underclassman, Caleb hadn't been sure how much he liked his popularity, but as a junior he was starting to appreciate the way he was treated around school.

They continued to dance along the floor, Caleb looking around the room as they did so. His eyes landed on Ethan and Scarlet, and he almost jumped when he saw that Scarlet was already staring straight at him.

Choosing to ignore the strange feeling in the pit of his stomach, Caleb looked back down at Sasha.

"All of that aside...I love you, Sash."

"I'm yours, Caleb."

<><><>

"Caleb!"

Caleb turned around to see his best friend running towards him in homeroom on a Friday in late January, almost knocking over multiple terrified freshmen in his rush.

"What's going on?" Caleb asked, his eyebrows raised as Ethan caught up to him.

"This is gonna be a super corny favor to ask, but tonight's opening night for the musical." Ethan told him, squirming slightly. "It would mean a lot if you and Sash went."

Caleb rolled his eyes.

"You're not serious. A musical?"

"You signed me up in the first place, so I don't want to hear it." Ethan shook his head, "You coming or not?"