Chapter 4

Bailee's POV

I whimper rushing down the porch steps, a few tears running down my cheeks, feeling drops of rain fall on me as it begins to pour.

I knew coming would be a bad idea. 

"Bailee!" A voice calls out behind me but I ignore it and continue to hurriedly walk down the pavement walkway.

"Bailee! Bailee, hold on." I feel a hand gently grip my arm, turning me around, and I'm a bit surprised at finding Harry looking down at me.

"What do you want? Did you want to get a better look at me and laugh?" I snap angrily at him.

I know full well what his intentions are and the type of person he is. He thinks I'm dumb, but I'm not. I know he has something going on with Ashley, I saw her leading them both upstairs. He thinks he could play me but that won't happen.

"What? No, of course not." He frowns shaking his head. "Why would-"

"I know you're with Ashley."

"What?" His eyes widen before letting out a laugh. "I'm not with Ashley."

I roll my eyes. "Oh come on Harry. I saw you two tonight." I say, turning around, stepping forward. "I'm not stupid and I'm not going to stick around so your girlfriend could-"

"Ashley is not my girlfriend." Harry says, sounding a bit annoyed, grabbing my arm turning me back around to face him.

"You don't have to be dating someone to be fooling around with them." He says, looking back and forth between my eyes.

So he admits it? What a gentleman.

"Besides," he says letting go of my arm. "I don't date. Never have."

As he says the words I'm reminded of Lexi's similar statement during lunch at school and I feel slightly embarrassed. Well, more than I am already.

"What do you want then?" I sniff, starring up at him confused as I subtly note his hair turning a slightly darker color with the rain as the water begins to soak in.

"Let me take you home." He says briefly moving his eyes from me.

I shake my head. "No, I-"

"Bailee it's raining," He smirks. "And I'm pretty sure you don't want to go back inside to ask Lexi for a ride."

"Do you?" He add, raising a brow at me.

I frown, rolling my eyes.

He is right.

"I am just trying to help." He adds, trying to convince me. I look back up at him and he gazes down at me with sincere and expectant eyes.

"Fine."

"So why don't you tell me something about yourself?" Harry says as we barely reach the end of the street where Zayn lives.

"Like what?" I ask, looking over at him.

He shrugs, keeping his eyes on the road. "What do your parents do?"

"Well my mom is a dancer, she teaches classes back in Portland and my dad is a writer."

"He is currently working on his second book." I add, looking out at the rain outside.

"That's pretty cool. I guess that explains your love for books."

"Do you like to read?" I ask, feeling slightly curious.

"Not much." He says briefly looking over at me with a small smile.