Chapter 46

Playlist:
Over you-Ingrid Michaelson
All too Well-Taylor Swift

Bailee's POV

Stepping into my apartment, after I shut the door behind me, I find it odd that the lights were on because I didn't leave them on when I left. My throat suddenly goes dry and my brain is trying to tell me to just walk out the door and run as signals of danger course through my body. However, just as I was about to turn around my mother comes walking in from the kitchen. She was dressed in a navy blue dress pants and suit with a vneck shirt underneath, her black heels clicking off the floor as she walked.

"Mom, what are you doing here?"

"Where the hell have you been?" She asks as I step forward and place my bag on the L-shaped couch.

"What? W-what do you mean?" I ask, blinking at her confused.

"You have been ditching school?" She questions as she stands in front of me, anger evident on her features.

"How did you know about that?"

"You have been missing class assignments and skipping appointments with Dr.Jones. What the hell is going on?" She demands.

"Who told you about that?"

"I spoke with Dr. Jones. I called in to see how you were doing and she said you have not been showing up."

"So what if I skipped a few appointments, everyone does that." I shrug as I move to walk past her, heading towards the kitchen.

"You are not everybody, Bailee. You know you can't skip. You have been on-" My mom suddenly stops speaking when I head to the fridge to grab a bottle of water. "Is that my sweatshirt?"

"Yeah, why?" I furrow my brows, confused as to why her face holds a semi scared and shocked expression.

"Oh...Bailee." She solemnly says as she rest her hand on the counter, tilting her head to the side.

"What?" I snap, not understanding what is going on.

"The sweater looks bigger on you. Is that why you have not gone to Dr. Jones, because you have been skipping meals?"

"Dr. Jones said I was losing weight a while ago, but I do that sometimes. It's normal."

My mom shakes her head. "What about your class assignments? Why have you been ditching school?"

"And why the hell are you wearing that?" She asks, gesturing to my dark colored attire and makeup.

"Because I want to." I shrug, finally opening my bottle of water and taking a sip.

"Is this why you wanted to move to Seattle? Is this your way of wanting a fresh start?"

I roll my eyes. "Mom, what do you-"

"I found this in your bedroom." She interrupts, her voice harsh as she reaches into her back pocket for something before lifting her hand up in the air. My eyes focus on the item and then widen a moment after, seeing an opened condom wrapper held between her fingers.

Oh great...

"You went through my room?" I gape at her, placing my water on the counter. "Why the hell would you go through my room? That is invasion of privacy Mom!"

"I didn't go through your room, it was on the floor." She scowls, before lowering her hand and tossing the empty wrapper into the bin a few paces away from her.

"What the hell is going on Bailee? Are you trying to tell me something with all of this?"

"All of...Mom what are you talking about!" I shout, annoyed. "I had sex,so what?"