Chapter 47

Playlist:
Roses-James Arthur

Author's Note:

Hey loves! Here is another update because I love spoiling all of you! Warning, it is a bit long. Hope you like it, it took such a long time to make it right. Love you! Don't forget to comment like crazy and tell me your favorite parts! Eep! Xoxo

Bailee's POV

Two days ago Peter left the city because his grandmother passed away, my mother stayed with me until then. I think she wanted to keep an eye on me when he was around. Today I grew bored being home alone so I went down to the diner to talk to Eleanor about how I have been doing the last few days. I asked if I could start work again and she agreed just that she wouldn't give me long shifts just to avoid the habit of me skipping a meal by how busy I could get. Eleanor is such an amazing women and I am very thankful for her patience and understanding with my illness. Yes, eating disorders are considered as an illness.

What infuriates me is hearing people say that they don't understand why the person with an eating disorder doesn't eat, that they are sick because they want to; those people are wrong. People who suffer with eating disorders have many reasons as to why they have it. It can be generic, caused by the human social life and pressure of expectations around them, or like me, can be created by abuse. Whatever the reason may be, it is not a character flaw or choice. It's a long healing process, it is never easy but with determination and support it is not impossible to get better.

Stepping off from the elevator on my floor, I begin digging through my purse for my keys. As I approach my apartment, I stop in my tracks when I see Harry pacing back and forth, running one of his hands through his hair. My heart suddenly spikes and I am left frozen for a moment.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, after I manage to find my voice, pushing my hood off my head; my hair damp from the rain outside.

Harry must have arrived here not too long ago because his hair is wet also, a few strands hanging off his forehead and I swear he is trying to kill me with the contrast of his piercing eyes against his black jacket.

"I have to talk to you."

"Why can't you just leave me alone? Was me ignoring your calls not enough to show you that I don't want to speak with you?"

"I'm worried about you." He says as I step forward to place the key into the lock on my door.

I scoff. "Worried about me? You gave up the privilege to do that when you broke up with me."

"Now, go away." I add as I kick at my door after unlocking the lock above the knob as well. I groan, placing the key back in the lock.

Stupid deadbolt.

"Need help?"

"No, go away." I scowl at him, pushing my body against the door, finally getting it to open.

"Bailee, come with me." Harry says as his hand reaches out to gently grab my arm, stopping me from going inside.

"What? Where?" I say looking at him with wide eyes and a nervous heart.

"I don't know,anywhere." He shrugs. "Away from here...away from Peter."

"You're crazy,Harry."

"Look,I know I messed up." He says reaching out to grab my hand but I quickly pull it away. "I messed up because I'm a fuck up but to be honest, so are you."

"Excuse me?" I raise my brows at him. "If this is your way of apologizing-"

"Bailee we are both messed up people but it's just like I said before, we are the same." He says, his eyes pleading with me. My heart aches in my chest at his words but I quickly push the feeling aside.