Chapter 42

Author's Note:

Hello my lovelies! How are all of you doing?

Quick question, would you want me to post an update containing a playlist for the story?

Thank you so much as always for all f te love and support for this story. You guys are so sweet and so lovely. I love you so so much. Sorry for any typos but I didn't have time to edit and I really wanted to post something for you all so please don't kill me. Anyways, I can't wait for you all to see what is coming I am so excited! Can you guys guess what it may be?

Love you! Xoxox

Bailee's POV

A loud crash coming from the hallway makes me startle awake from my deep slumber. My wide eyes glance around the room, half illuminated by the hallway light that was off before. For a moment I look down and notice that I am covered by a fimiliar decorative cream colored sheets; my mother's. I look back up and notice that this isn't my room at all, I'm not at my apartment. I'm in my old home.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, calming the confusion as to why I am here, I push the covers off my body and place my bare feet on the dark wooden flooring.Suddenly, weeping could be heard and I look towards the door.

"Bailee." A women's broken voice calls down the hallway.

"Mom." I mutter under my breath and make my way across the room. I step at the doorway of the bedroom and glance down the large hallway finding every white door closed.

"Bailee, where are you?" My mother's voice ask making me turn my head to the left. My eyes focus on the last room, seeing the bathroom door slightly open as the sounds of crying continues to fill my ears.

"Mom, are you okay?" I ask as I make my way over. Cautiously and preparing myself to what I will find, I place my hand on the door and push it open. Tears sting in my eyes seeing my mother, sitting on the floor, leaning against the cabinets under the porclean sink, with her back facing me. Her short brown hair and white shirt is all I could make out of her huddled body as she cried into her knees.

"Mom?A-Are you okay?" I stutter as I step towards her.

Is it really her?

"Mom?" I repeat, crouching down behind her, placing my hand on her shoulder. "Mom, are you okay? Why are you-"

I gasp and fall back on my behind when my mother turns to face me. Her brown eyes no longer hold their color, instead they are grey and clouded. The front of her shirt is ripped open and stained with rich red blood from the deep gash in the middle of her chest.

"You didn't come." My mother weeps, as she turns and begins to stand up. I shake my head, backing myself on my hands and feet. "You didn't come see me."

"I should have let him have you." She says, taking a slow step towards me, making my heart spike. Swiftly, I stand on my feet and run out of the bathroom down the hall.

"You promised you would see me!" She shouts as I speed towards the staircase.

"Ahh!" I scream as I duck down as a vase abruptly thrown at the wall, close to my head.

"You let him kill me!" My mother shouts with rage behind me as I rush down the staricase, taking two at a time. "

"You were there and you let me lie! You made him angry!"