Chapter 57

Author's Note:

Hello loves! I hope you are ready for a ride!! Sorry it took me so long to post this but I really wanted to get it right. It took a lot of writing and erasing so I hope  you like it. Let me know!! I love you!!!

Bailee's POV

"I guess your right." I sigh, continuing my conversation with Gemma as I grab the laptop off the counter and head into the living room after grabbing a bottle of water. "I don't know I just...I feel so terrible for what I did. I know I must have hurt Harry and-"

"Wait, what was that?" Gemma asks interrupting me as I sink into the couch, placing the laptop on the coffee table in front of me along with the bottle of water.

"What?" I ask, crossing my legs beneath me.

"Behind you. I thought I saw something move." I frown at her words and turn to look behind me.

My world suddenly stops as my breath hitches, my heart sinks, and my lips part taking in the person standing just at the entry way of the living room. I watch with wide eyes at the dark dressed man that has turned my whole childhood into hell. The man that I once loved as a small girl but feared when I saw the monster in him.

"Bailee, are you okay?" I hear Gemma ask through the video call but I don't reply. I can't take my eyes off this man, it's best that I don't.

"Dad." I mutter,my voice barely a whisper and I am aware of my cellphone beginning to ring from the kitchen. 

"You know, you should really learn how to lock doors sweetheart. You always had trouble with that." He comments, gesturing towards the door with his thumb. His words take me back to a brief memory of when I would run from him and hide in my bedroom but before I can dive deep into the awful memory,Gemma speaks again.

"Bailee, what is going on? Who are you talking to?" Gemma asks in a stern voice but concerned.

With a frightened heart, I choose to close my laptop as I stand from the couch,ignoring Gemma's protests. If this is going to end like I think it is, I don't want my best friend to go through what I have gone through with my mother.

My father stood in all black, looking exactly like the night he killed my mother. Only this time his hair is longer, a bit wavy and curly at the ends and around his ears, beneath the baseball cap he is wearing. His beard is thicker and longer, shielding half of his face giving me no other choice that to soak his eyes in.

I have no idea what he is armed with, it would be extremely foolish to think that he may not have any weapons and with that being said, as much as I want to run for my life or wish for someone to be here to rescue me, I am very grateful that neither of my parents are around. I don't want their deaths on my hands too.

"How...how did you find me?" I ask, reminding myself that I should keep him talking until I gather my nerves so I can bolt and come up with some sort of plan.

Think of something Bailee. You can't keep him talking forever

"It really wasn't that hard. Pretty stupid for you guys to stay in the same apartment complex the night I got taken away." He trails, his voice raspy from all of the cigarettes he used to smoke, I can still smell the rotting scent filling my nostrils.

"Nice home you have here though." He adds."You sure have been living the sweet life. I understand you met your brother? Conniving lad isn't he?" The mention of Peter sends a sting to my heart.

How does he know that? Did Peter help him get out?

"What do you want?" I ask, not sure if I even want to know the answer. It cannot be good anyways.