Madness Of The Mirror (Part 2)

Her minuscule reflection stares back at her.

She is tempted to shut her eyes tightly,

but that would only give the name of defeat a hollow victory.

Mirror: " Why do you want to turn away from me? "

The eyes of "I" widened.

She never thought that the mirror would ask her such a question.

I: B-because you're intimidating,"

Mirror: "Well, I don't mean to be," said the mirror. " It's not my fault that you fear me. People let their emotions turn into infected wounds. It's a mind game."

"I" looked puzzled.

I: "Have you ever thought that people may feel insecure whenever they look at you?"

Mirror: "Hmm...It's occurred to me once or twice. "

The Mirror paused for a moment.

Mirror: "It's amazing what people say to themselves when I show them their reflection. Some of it is funny. Some of it is simply sad. Some grab their stomachs, wishing to be a size zero. Some rub their small backsides, wishing that they were much bigger. It's entertainingly awkward to me."

I: "Well...What do you think of me?"

Mirror: "Why should I answer that?"

I: "To satisfy my curiosity of...typical validation."

Mirror: "If you want to be validated, go into society and ask someone your age. That's not the wisest decision one could make, but my purpose isn't validating anyone. I just reflect whatever I see. That's it."

I: "But...you must tell me something!"

Mirror: "That's not my job, though. Only the spirit within the body can chose to love their being and everything that they are. I can't make anyone do that, and my opinion won't help your self confidence to benefit, at all."

I: " I...I wish I could love myself. It's always so hard for me to even come in this room and face you. You're not making it any easier, right now."

Mirror: "As I said before, only the spirit within the body can-"

I: "I CAN'T! I KEEP TRYING TO EXPLAIN THAT! I'VE TRIED COUNTLESS TIMES! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!"

Mirror: "Your inside emotions are stubborn, and your mouth is weak. No wonder you've driven everyone around you away. You make people feel uncomfortable."

* "I" bites her lip while standing in discouragement.

Mirror: "I hope you're not always this way. I hope you learn to ease your thoughts."

Without looking back, "I" runs away from the mirror, on the verge of tears.

Even her own reflection can't understand her.

💡Be sure to check out Madness Of The Mirror (Part 1.)
Thank you guys for supporting!❤😘