Chapter 19: New Teacher

Kyroth's eyes finally adjusted from the light, the man's details finally visible.  He was a handsome man, with spiky blonde hair with greenish highlights.  His right eye was emerald green, both iris and pupil.  His left eye was pure white, a jagged scar ripped across it deeply.  The man was wearing leather armor, stitches could be seen in several places.  

A interesting looking sword was attached to his belt.  The blade was translucent green, with a slight curve to the blade.  Several bone knives were on the man's belt as well.  On his back was a cloak made out of a dark green fur that looked like moss.  The way he held himself it was evident that he was a dangerous man.  

"Early, just what I expected." Came a rugged male voice.  "I hope you do not disappoint Kyroth, you are the first student I have taken under my care in quite a few years." The man stated.  

"I hope not to disappoint you."  Kyroth responded as he crossed the roof to stand closer to him.  The man seemed to study him as he moved, scanning every part of his body.  Taking a step toward Kyroth he held out his hand.  

"I am Zerif." Grabbing his hand, the bones almost shattering against Zerif's grip.  Trying to give a equally strong grip he used all his strength but doubted he felt it at all.  Releasing hands Kyroth made mental effort not to shake the hand or open and close it to ease the pain.  

"We have a lot to do in this week, so let us get to it.  Grab a hold of my waist and hold on tight."  Zerif stated holding his cloak out so that Kyroth can get right up next to him.  Complying Kyroth walked over and wrapped his hand around the man, barely making it to the other side grasping his belt with all his strength.  

What happened next, was impressive as the wind around the two started to pick up.  A surge of mana could be felt leaving Zerif as a tornado ripped to life around them.  It was green as it spun lifting them both into the air, Kyroth could feel the pull on his body as he held on.  

Smiling down at Kyroth, Zerif leaned forward and they shot forward with great speed.  Closing his eyes, he was afraid they would die as they hit the edge of the castle and plummet.  A few seconds later he tentatively opened his eyes to find that they had not fallen but were flying over the grounds not losing any altitude.  Looking around he got a good look at the building next to the dormitories for the first time.  

It was a gigantic oval arena, a middle oval was found in the middle of it with seats that rose up.  From what he could see at the moment large blades of stone rose up from the arena breaking the open circle into several sections.  Currently it was completely empty, which seemed odd to see.  "What is that."  Kyroth yelled over the raging wind trying to point but his hand was pulled back in.  

Zerif smiled a little as he looked, "You will find out, right now that is none of your concern."  With that Kyroth turned from it and watched them move towards the barrier.  As they made contact it shimmered a tingling sensation on his chest right under the badge as they passed through it.  He had not realized how much the barrier dulled what was on the other side as everything grew brighter.  

The entire area was vivid green of varying shades.  Rolling plains were broken up by magnificent forests, the tree was at least twenty stories tall and thicker then his room.  A few lakes could be seen in the distance as well as a large mountain far out in front of them.  Even from this distance he could see a giant tornado raging at the top of it.  It would have easily been able to swallow the entire Academy grounds he was sure of that.  

Strange animals scurrying across the plains, most of them having a hue of green somewhere on their body.  Otherwise what he could see at the moment looked like normal animals.  Kyroth just kept taking in the site of the Wind region as they flew over it.  Half a hour later the tornado vanished, the two of them over a dense forest.