Chapter Thirteen: Spells

"Today you guys will practice activating your powers. If you have any questions or issues please do not hesitate to ask." Assera stated as she started to move to the storage area she had gotten the Aptitude Crystal. She was stopped half way as Syn spoke up, loud enough to reach Assera.

"Professor, how can I practice mine? It is healing." She stated blushing at speaking without raising her hand. She was worried that she would be left behind, the thirteen year old already had the least amount of mana. Kyroth did not blame her for being worried about such things.

"O Syn, you can still activate the power even if it does not do anything. You will not be able to feel how much mana it takes to heal however. With your power the amount of mana it takes is based upon the wound. The larger it is the more mana it will take to heal." Assera stated before vanishing behind the wall.

"Do not worry Syn, you will do fine." Kyroth stated as everyone started to spread out in the room to make sure they had plenty of room away from the others. Kyroth was about to activate his own power when Assera came back from the storage room with a glowing crystal the size of a chair.

Sitting it on her desk next to the chalkboard she just watched as everyone was practicing. Kyroth watched in turn seeing Charvor send a blast of energy forward shattering a chair in the corner. What shocked him most was Ia, he had almost forgotten about her to be honest. In her corner she stood there with a glowing set of armor over her body. It looked to be made out of leather with a animal fur on the back. The glow of it caused her scar to stand out more then normal and he turned away quickly. Her sharp dangerous eyes catching him looking at her.

Ash was on the other side of the room as a minor glow covered his legs. With a quick motion he was on the other side of the room. Kyroth remembered then that Ash also had Augment, but why did it only cover his legs. His mind recalled Vesk telling him that he had Full Augment but at the time not really understanding what he had meant. Shrugging he turned to see Syn concentrating as a wave of energy left her hands for a small period before it stopped she was already out of breath.

Assera's eyes were on Kyroth waiting on him to show what he could do. He was unsure if it was due to the fact that she knew about his unique case or because she wanted everyone to activate there powers before she would move on to whatever that large glowing crystal was for.

Closing his eyes he felt the mana and pulled causing it to flow throughout his body. Opening his eyes everything came into focus as he dashed across the room as well sliding to a stop inches from the wall underestimating his speed. Kyroth chuckled a bit as he turned back to the rest of the room.

Ash was staring at him, confusion on his face. Behind him others were watching as well as Kyroth glowed a light blue color, he could feel the mana slowly draining from his body but at a slower pace then the night of the bandit attack.

"Why does his whole body glow and mine does not?" Ash asked, Kyroth sensed a bit of anger in his voice as he asked it turning to Assera. She smiled lightly as she folded her hands into her lap.

"He is a unique case, just like Charvor is with two elements. Kyroth Awakened with the power known generally as Full Augment. It is a advanced form of the one you Awakened with Ash, it amplifies his entire body but has a much higher mana cost. My guess is when he Awakened the mana cost of it probably almost killed him from mana burn." Assera added as she slid off the desk.

"Seems unfair." Ash stated as he let the blue light fade from his legs crossing his arms the muscles in them flexing. Nivora was also watching him with a mixture of curiosity and disdain. She seemed to see him as the competition instead of a teammate.