Chapter 26: Amplified

Hope filled Kyroth as he turned to the Sylph.  "Is there any way you could fly me back to the Academy barrier?"  From the speed they had traveled through the caves it would not take them long at all to reach it.  Kyroth was pretty sure he could see the top of the shield from here.  

The look told him everything as she looked towards the ground moving some dirt with her foot.  "I am sorry, I can't.  I am bound to that cave, I can go a little ways but not enough to actually help you.  It is part of the protection we were given, he told us that one day someone would come and free us.  Something about when the eye closes forever.  He always was cryptic."  She muttered not wanting to meet Kyroth eyes.  

"O, I see.  By they way what is your name.  Sorry my manners must have slipped when I almost died.  I am Kyroth Perdyn."  He offered he hand to her, realizing that they had not really touched yet either.  

"My name.."  The sylph thought taking her usual pose with a finger tapping on her lips.  "It has been a long time since I have talked to anyone, but he used to call me Eva.  I had almost forgotten that little tidbit."  She looked at his hand as if she was debating something.  

"I may not be able to take you there... but I could probably do something to help."  Eva stated taking a deep breath and taking Kyroth's hand.  The moment the two touched Kyroth took a deep breath as mana flooded into his body.  Eva seemed to dull slightly from the contact, as soon as they released she went back to her bright self.  

"What did you just do?"  Kyroth whispered staring at his body feeling mana in every fiber of his being.  When he reached for his mana pool it was not really there anymore.  His entire body seemed to be the vessel of his mana supply.  Even the aches and pains in his body seemed to fade away.  

That sly impish smile came back on her face as he stared down at his own body.  "I just gave you a small taste of what I am.  It should allow you to get to your Academy before time runs out.  Not to mention a taste of what you could grow into."  Winking she started to glide back to the cave entrance, stopping just at the edge.  "I feel we will meet again Kyroth."  Eva stated before vanished into the cave.  

Kyroth just stood there watching the cave entrance, still unable to get over the feeling that is in his body.  What did she mean by what he could grow into.  Nothing seemed to make sense to the young man as he turned and took off towards the academy the light mist slapping his face as he went.  Pulling out his map he made sure he was going the right way before he decided to go as fast as he could, be terrible to go the wrong way after all.  

Now that he knew the right direction he pulled the mana from his body and let his augment take hold of his legs.  The immense power that erupted around his legs was the least surprising thing about the augment.  When he looked down they seemed to be covered in a type of elemental armor.  Intricate designs and symbols flowed through them, the green aura surrounding a good half foot around them.  "What in the hell is this?"  Kyroth asked himself perplexed.  

Smiling brightly he decided what the hell and took off.  Each step broke the ground underneath him as he sprinted along everything was a blur.  It did not take long before Kyroth slammed into a tree spinning out of control groaning as the augment vanished.  Laying there for moment he took deep breaths but felt as if he was in once piece.  Pulling himself to his feet he dusted himself off and then pulled the mana but this time did a full augment.  

Just like with his legs his entire body seemed to be covered in a full suit of magical armor.  His vision shocked him probably more then the armor, he could see the mana in the air and ground.  Condensed specks of it were moving about in the trees, one sprung out and he saw that he could see the very mana inside of the living creatures.  When he focused on something his vision seemed to zoom in allowing him to see with great clarity.