Chapter Eleven: Mana Capacity

Assera walked past her normal stopping point and went behind a wall Kyroth had not noticed before coming back out with a cart that had a giant clear orb. Kyroth felt that he could curl up into the ball and fit inside of it that was how big it was.

"This is a Aptitude Crystal, it will measure how much mana you currently have. It is naturally meant to be used primarily by you First Sharders so someone like me has way more mana then this crystal can show." Placing her hand on the crystal red light appeared at the bottom and quickly reached the top filling the entire orb with red light. "As you can see it filled up quickly and fully with red light, my element is fire." Assera stated taking her hand off the crystal and in a instant the light was gone.

Wheeling it to the front of the group she pointed to the far left of the group at Isen. "We will start with you Isen. All you have to is come up here and place your hand on the orb and it will do the rest, just keep it there until the light becomes steady."

Nerves were evident on the young man's face as he got up and walked to the front of the room. Taking a deep breath he placed his hand on the crystal. Yellow light flashed like lightning throughout the crystal and quickly rose until it had just a small section of the top barely visible left. "Well you have a large reserve of mana. Very good Isen." Assera stated with a smile before motioning him back to his seat.

Timidly Syn rose from her chair and walked to the orb tripping right before she got to it. Both hands slammed into the crystal as she tried to catch herself. Blue light started to fill it and stopped before it even reached a fourth of the way up. The look on Syn's face was so sad, it actually made Kyroth worried that he too would have little mana.

"That is okay Syn, one day you might have more mana then everyone in this room. Your base does not factor into what your max one day will be at all." Assera stated trying to comfort the young girl. In Kyroth's opinion he figured it was more her age, she was clearly the youngest and smallest of them.

Taking a deep breath Kyroth got up and put a comforting hand on Syn's shoulder as she walked back. "Do not sweat it." The small smile that came over her face was enough for Kyroth as he placed his hand on the orb. Green light pooled at the bottom and slowly rose a little bit over the half way mark. Smiling he released his hand and sat back down watching as Nivora rose from her seat.

As soon as her hand touched a misty light seemed to rise inside the crystal of a blueish white hue. It rose just shy of were Kyroth's light had went and a small smile came onto his face. He tried to remove it before she turned around but was not fast enough. "I do not know why you are smiling Kyroth, does not mean you will amount to anything." The words were quiet so only the two of them could hear, but Kyroth suspected Assera heard it as she watched them closely.

The arrogant Lord Calyt strutted up the crystal and placed his hand on it only to have it fill to the halfway, the energy a mix between white and red. Lower then both Kyroth and Nivora's levels. A laugh escaped Ash's mouth as Charvor turned fists balled towards the man. One quick shift in the way Ash was looking was enough to make Charvor and really everyone in the room shrink back. Kyroth would rather face a hungry wolf then approach Ash when he looked that dangerous. Grumbling to himself Charvor sat down and folded his arms, probably saying that the crystal was broken or some lame excuse like that.

Ash placed his hand on the orb as it turned pure black rising up to similar levels to Nivora it was hard to say which of the two was on top in that aspect but they were close enough to not really matter. Taking his hand off the light took a little longer to fade then the others as it vanished fully when he sat down in his chair looking satisfied.

"Alright, last but not least Ia, please come on up." Assera stated as the young woman growled but followed the request standing up and placing her hand on the crystal. A grey color started to fill it up slowly and then in one quick burst filled the entire thing up. A rare smile, at least from the little he had spent with her, crossed her face as she turned back to both Nivora and Charvor staring them down with a death glare. Sliding into her seat and going back to the natural unapproachable posture.