Chapter 29 Crucible

The group followed after professor Assera, having lost her.  Luckily Kyroth mentioned that she was on all of there maps.  Even though they had just done it, most of them had forgotten all about it.  He figured that was why she had taken off, either they would remember it and find her or well he didn't want to think of what would happen had they not.  

They exited the building on the side of the park, he smiled as he saw the trees and a little glisten of the water as sunlight reflected off of the surface.  They were not heading that way but instead followed a paved path towards the large building he had yet to investigate.  Syn had mentioned once that she had tried to go there but they were not allowed.  

It was probably a third the size of the the academy maybe a bit smaller but still quite large.  The size was more intimidating as they got closer to it, it rose up several stories above them.  It clashed quite well against the Academy, as the stone was a cream color.  

As Syn had mentioned there were two men standing guard, making sure no one could get in.  When they reached the door he wondered why as Assera had to use her badge to even open the doors.  "Here is where we will be continuing lessons."  

Surprisingly enough the walk through the building did not take long just a few quite corners and they were walking back out into the evening sun.  About a inch or two of sand covered the entire surface of the ground like before he say massive stones sticking up from the ground breaking up the otherwise clear ground.  A few boulders were thrown about as well break it up a little bit.  

"So, here we are the Arena."  Assera stated with a smile holding out her arms for dramatic effect. 

"Arena, you mean we get to fight!"  Isen stated with excitement as he took in the seat that ran up away from the wall.  The inner wall was easily two stories tall, a few sections of the wall had enclosed booths that expanded over the wall.  

Chuckling, "Yes, you will be.  We will pit you newbies against each other.  A few months from now and you will be entering into the lower ranked teams that can span the entire shard levels.  You move up by winning and drop down by losing."  She explained loosely not wanting to focus to much on that.  

The old squeaky voice of Syn's spoke next.  "So we attack each other, isn't that dangerous?"  

"Of course not, Charvor attack me."  Assera stated.  Kyroth figured he wouldn't hesitate to do just that.  

It took a few seconds of thought before he agreed.  A huge burst of fire left his hand as it slammed into Assera's body.  It had enough force to send her off the ground, by the time the smoke cleared she stood up clearly injured.

Looking closer though, Kyroth could not see any visible damage to either her or the clothes.  "In the arena, the badges activate a spell.  You feel the attacks but are immune to the damage, if you take a death blow you are teleported to your designated booth."  She pointed to one of the booths nearby.  

"The two side booths are for the teams, the ones at the longer ends are for teaches and special guests."  Assera explained as she grimaced a little walking back to them.  "By the way Charvor that was quite a attack, I would advise trying to focus it into a small blast though."  Being a Fire mage as well she probably knew what she was talking about.  

Grumbling Charvor crossed his arms and looked away, apparently he did not like being told how to cast his spells.  "The goal of course is to kill or cause the other team to withdraw."

"If one should drop below five percent mana capacity they will be ejected, if they remove their badge they will surrender.  You cannot force a badge from another person though."