Chapter 28: Reunion

The second time through the portal was a little better, but not much as the cold seeped into his being.  Luckily he was ready for it and so it was not so intrusive.  When he emerged Raven was correct he found himself in his own room, the sunlight coming through his window told him it was still evening.  "I made it, somehow."  

In a trance like state, Kyroth put away his things, leaving the magic core and the Gale Saber's teeth on his desk.  He spent a few minutes staring at the core before finding his way to the bath tub.  

A hour of soaking in the hot water still was not enough to remove the coldness that had seeped through his body.  The water had at least dampened the numbness that it had caused in him.  True to Raven's words his body also began to feel the effects of what he had put it through in the past days.  

As soon as he hit the bed he was out, the sleep was not as deep as he wished though.  Several times he would wake up from a flash of a Scorpio or from the cold.  Luckily it did not take him long at all to fall back asleep.  The regular interruptions did hinder his ability to get good rest.  

When Kyroth awoke, the light from his window was quite high.  Scrabbling he fell out of bed, attempting to get up he found that his body was stiff and moderately unresponsive.  Through sheer force of will, he got up and dressed.  

Snatching up his map he scurried out the door tapping his foot as he rode the elevator.  The first thing he tried to do was run all the way to class, but three strides in and he found it impossible.  So Kyroth went at a slow speed walk, muttering about how foolish he was for being late to his first class back.  His body was still cold, but not as bad as when he had fallen asleep.  

Stopping in front of the door he let his pulse slow focusing on keeping his heaving lungs from bursting.  A minute later he slowly opened the door and stood in.  "So very sorry I am late."  He winced prepared for a magical attack from Assera.  

"Hmm, Raven send a letter saying you would probably not be joining us, something about two trips through his portal."  Assera stated a amused smile on her face.  

Kyroth just gaped at her, "I was unaware of any of this.  I would rather participate."  Moving towards his chair.  

Glancing at the others he was surprised to find that most of them had changed, some more then others.  Ia for instance was wearing her magical armor, it glowed a grey color.  She looked at him, and did not seem to want to jump the table and kill him, progress he supposed.  

Ash looked similar, minus the giant cloak that he wore.  From what he could tell it was made out of black leather, a slit came down from the top of his back all the way to the ground making it into two pieces.  It also came across his chest with what looked to be claws clasping it together.  

Charvor had not changed, which was not a surprise.  The typical look of disgust was on his face as he watched the interaction between me and Assera.  "So if I am late I get kicked out, but if he is late it is fine, ugh."  He muttered.  No one even bothered with a response.  

Nothing really special stood out about Nivora either, she had on her typical garb, and brilliant white belt that he had not seen before around her waist.  She smiled, only slightly towards him as he sat into his chair.  Wincing as he did so, he shifted a bit and looked over to see Syn.

The little girl was still small, but her demeanor was not nearly as timid.  If he had to guess she probably was more confident in what she can do after a week of training.  She was wearing only blue today, which was strange usually it was paired with another vibrant color.  

A scar drew Kyroth's attention as his eyes fell on Isen.  His sleeveless shirt must have covered most of it, but it came up towards his neck.  It was not a deep scar like Ia's but it could be seen.  Things must not have gone quite as well on his trip either.  It was strange how all his teammates seemed different and here he was the same old Kyroth.