Chapter 27: Headmaster Raven

Raven was not wearing the robes he was used to seeing him in.  Today he was wearing black pants, two long swords attached to his hips.  A black sleeveless vest with a cape attached around his neck.  Gloves without fingertips continued into vambraces on his wrists.  His platinum hair was pulled up into a ponytail, his black eyes staring forward.  

The scorpion hissed as it hopped back a few more feet holding the bleeding appendage.  The tail on its back poised and ready to strike.  "So you shall join this runt in death."  The words were laced in pain as it still clutched its arm.  

A silky laugh escaped Raven as he turned to face the creature.  "O little one, you are way over your head and you do not even know it."  With almost inhuman speed Raven created a series of symbols in the air in front of him just like Zerif had.  

"Kyroth do not move a muscle."  He muttered just loud enough for the two of them to hear it.  Finishing the symbols he flung it onto the ground.  As soon as it touched the ground a black circle surrounding Kyroth and Raven.  

As soon as the circle connected to the other side darkness rippled out almost in the shape of a maze.  It continued for at least fifty meters under four of the five remaining creatures.  The snake like centipede had scurried far enough back.  

"This one is mine."  Hissed the female harpy as it took a quick leap into the air flapping its wings.  In a flash dark blades ripped from the darkness on the ground skewering the harpy from several directions quickly ending its life.  

Fear was evident on the scorpion's face as he stared in disbelieve at what just happened.  The situation had shifted so drastically that it did not know what to do with the situation.  A few moments later it shook the fear aside and stood straight and defiant.  

Electricity started to course across the scorpion's body flicking out every now and again.  Taking one step forward the blades reacted, but so too did his lightning.  The two collided causing deafening booms of thunder canceling each other out.  

Raven shrugged as he drew his dual swords.  "Was worth a try."  He muttered to himself.  Charging forward as the two clashed, lightning and dark blades finding each other as the two traded blows.  Even with one hand the scorpion seemed to be keeping up quiet well.  

Surveying the area, Kyroth watched as the snake centipede was moving around the battlefield collecting all of the killed creatures cores.  With quick bites it would pull one out and then swallow it moving on to the next.  

The remaining harpy and centaur just watched, not moving.  It was strange to see them hang back, was it because they could not find a way against the dark spell.  Maybe it was pride, not wanting to butt into another of their groups fight.  That kind of mentality was strange for what one would call monsters.  

A small grunt broke his train of thought as he focused back to the fight, a cut had been made on Raven's shoulder but not that deep.  "You are nothing human."  The Scorpion hissed as it pushed harder trying to take the upper hand.  

A tsk left Raven's mouth as the blades he was wielding gained a black aura around them.  With each new swing Kyroth could see three or four more blades following behind it like a shadow.  It was hard to tell with how fast the moved.  When his sword made contact the shadow forms followed suit the sound of rapid blades ringing from contact could be heard.  

"Impressive."  Kyroth muttered with excitement, he could only imagine how deadly a spell like that could be.  Not to mention how much mana Raven must have, he was still keeping the large spell on the ground active as well.  

A gust of wind behind Kyroth made him turn just in time to see the centaur charging towards him.  His body was fuzzy and had a green hue to it.  The blades ripped towards him only to pass right through him.