Chapter 21: Wind Step

A almost silent whistle left Zerif's lips as he waited, a medium sized snake flew from the trees a pair of green wings attached to its back. The snakes body was black with a few lines of red down its body. It had slit emerald eyes, its tongue flicked out as it wrapped around Zerif's arm. Writing a quick note he tied it to the creatures throat. "Take this to Raven, make haste."

Zerif watched as his snake flew away, taking a deep breath the turned back to Kyroth. "Your time is up." He waited only long enough for Kyroth to stand before he charged forward with a burst of speed. Kyroth was not completely ready for this, rolling to the side, he managed to dodge the initial attack and went quickly to the defensive blocking punches the best he could each contact causing him pain.

Pulling at his mana he tried to activate his augment but each punch from Zerif caused his concentration to break and he lost his grip on it. Growling lightly under his breath he blocked a few more blows before making up his mind. Pulling both hands away from his body he let the next punch hit him squarely in the chest sending him flying through the air. Quickly he pushed passed the pain and let the magic course through his body as Kyroth spun landing on his feet in a crouch sliding backwards.

"Well done, you surely think like a survivor." Zerif stated as he stalked towards his prey. A quick flick of his arm and he caught the sudden dagger Kyroth had thrown at him. Looking back up he saw him try to cover the ground as fast as he could his long sword coming up in a diagonal arc. Metal on metal could be heard as Zerif used the recently caught dagger to block the blade.

A sly smile crossed Zerif's face as he watched Kyroth release the blade and spin trying to kick the man with great speed. In the same motion he pulled out his second dagger throwing it at where Zerif started to dodge towards. A bit of shock came on Zerif's face as the dagger was heading right towards his face. A burst of wind ripped through the area as a tornado formed literally around Zerif. Everything not in the ground was flung away from him including Kyroth.

Grunting Kyroth pulled himself from the ground feeling his mana was starting to get low. His augment shifted only covering his legs as the world went back to normal speed. "I was so close." He whispered to himself standing up to see the tornado die down and reveal Zerif with his arms crossed.

"It was a good try, but you are far from strong enough to actually hit me." Zerif stated as he walked over to Kyroth. Putting on a hand on his shoulder he smiled, "The lesson was never give up, and that you passed with flying colors." Waving his hand to the clearing small tornadoes formed bringing all of Kyroth's gear back to them.

Lowering his head while Zerif talked, Kyroth understood the point but was still upset that he was so weak. As the tornadoes came to him he started to sheath all of his weapons his mind still thinking about the fight trying to break down everything trying to learn from it.

"Kyroth, show me your new spell." Zerif stated plainly as he sat down on another tornado that he created. He moved here and there as the tornado spun around in a little circle from where it was formed. Here Kyroth was barely able to use one spell and Zerif could use them for such things as seats.

Sighing a little bit he started to stretch his shoulders and looked forward and started to walk pulling on his mana. As he stepped down his his next foot he focused on the swirling disk of wind that he had caused to appear before. He felt the mana leave his body, a small little shimmer was all that he saw as he stepped feeling a tiny bit of resistance before it hit the ground like normal. A few more attempts later and he still could not manage to summon the solidified disk of wind.

"To be expected, it will take practice to be able to do it again. As I stated it is harder to get a new spell to work, you were able to do it before because you had to. Your brain was also not thinking about doing it, instinct and feeling caused it to happen." Zerif stated letting the little tornado spin around Kyroth sometimes lifting off the ground a bit.