XXXVI

At my crude reply, Ootori violently rammed the metal grip into the side of my head. I fell to the floor with a thud as blood poured from my forehead. 

Ah, shit. That hurt.

On shaking legs I stood up. My chest and head felt heavy but there was no way in hell I was going to quit now. His piercing black eyes stared into mine and a tight-lipped grimace filled his facial features.

Old Prune. "If you were trying to hurt me," I paused pushing my head to the side and a series of pops filled the silence surrounding us, "you succeeded. Argh," I groan out and roll my head around, my eyes closed, "but, if you thought that doing that will knock out a poor little girl like me," my doll-like eyes snap open, "you're wrong."

Without moving I stared Ootori down, slight fear flickering in his eyes. 

"Oho, what happened to the sharp-tongued, stick-shoved-up-ass, persona you once had?" I raised an eyebrow and stepped towards him, Ootori's arm raising and pointing the barrel of his gun to the area between my eyes.

"I'm not afraid of death considering I stared him in the eyes long enough when I was younger." I stepped back and dropped the bag of medicine onto the Tatami mats. The glass hit against each other inside, the sound echoing in the room. 

"I heard you got a boyfriend." Ootori started up, as if this was some hunky dory conversation, and throwing me off guard. I glowered at the old man in front of me. 

"What of it?" My voice was gruff at his statement, a sickening look of evil intent clouding his already dark eyes. My veins throbbed from the blood and adrenaline rushing through them, the sound making my ears ring and thump.

"It would be a shame," I felt Takashi's presence behind me and pure white fear rushed through me. Oh no... God no.

"If someone shot him!" Ootori yelled and raised the gun with speed. No. His hand was milliseconds from pulling the trigger.

I stepped forward and fury rose up within me. I grabbed Ootori's arm and twisted it in a dangerous angle hearing it snap, while doing so I slammed my knee into the back of his legs, the sound of broken bones deafening even with my raging screaming. 

"How dare you come into my home and attempt to kill the family I love!" I shoved him to his knees and grabbed the gun he was using, battering his head with the butt of the gun. "I'm sick, sick, of people fucking with my life. It all started with you, and I'm planning on making your life hell as well." I elbowed his spine, making him scream in agony as if everything else wasn't painful; or maybe I just didn't take the time to notice he was passed out before.

I continued to beat him into the floor until Takashi pulled me back. "Come on Annette, I think he has felt it for now. Before you break one of your own bones, come..." He pulled me back by my elbow and kissed my temple, "on," he grunted and tried pulling me away. Reluctantly I allowed him to.

"Annette!" The radio crackled, "are you okay in there? I heard screaming!" I picked up the radio and spoke. "Yeah. I'm fine."

"Good because the SWAT is a few feet away from you." As he said this, a group of burly men wearing black uniforms and masks ran in. 

"Grab him!" Men picked up the elder man who remained limp. I stooped down and picked up the baby blue duffel bag, the weight heavier than before. 

"Here... Evidence." I leaned more into Takashi's body after passing the bag to the group of men. The giant took the radio off my hip and gently set me onto the floor, making me lean against the sakura tree wall.

"We need some medical supplies and water for the Mistress, ASAP." He grabbed a hair tie from my wrist and tied my hair back, after setting the radio next to me. The SWAT ran out and gave bows of acknowledgement to us. Eun-Sae carried in a box of medical supplies and a few bottles of water, before running back outside.