III

The drive to the cafe was long but entertaining, the group of six boys and one girl filling the back of the limo with loud chatter. The twins picked fights with Tamaki, while the rest of the host club paid close attention to the city around us.

"So, Haruhi," my gaze moved from the passing buildings outside to the brown haired girl sitting beside me in the limo, "what made you come to Ouran Academy?"

She shrugged, "I heard the school's graduation certificate granted you access to pretty much any job position you could wish for. I hope to become a lawyer like my mother."

I smiled and fixed the hem of her blazer, the ends curling inwards. "Remind me to get one of the workers at the cafe to iron this out with starch so you can be more handsome." Haruhi blushed.

"I'm on three scholarships, all of which are future scholarships. Culinary, business, and visual arts. Basically, future scholarships allow you to go to Ouran to prepare for your future jobs. They also help you save money up for those jobs instead of paying a shit ton on the school's tuition."

"Woah! I thought students could only be on one, " Haruhi leaned back in the seat and glanced up at the ceiling. "Well, at least I'm only on one."

"I'll see if I can get you eligible for more, that way if something happens to one, you're basically covered."

We pulled into a parking spot just outside the building. I looked up at the cafe, the building's outer brickwork towering over the car. My driver (who looked as if he needed to retire soon) opened the black limo door with a click, allowing Haruhi to step out the car first.

"Wow, look at royalty! Oh wow, what a King!" I yelled before dashing out the car before she could swipe at me.

I pulled a small golden key from my pocket and unlocked the front door, pushing it open lightly. The afternoon sunshine streaked through the windows when we entered, dust particles fluttering round despite the fact that I polished and cleaned the entire building just yesterday. I sneezed.

"Bless you."

I muttered thanks back to the deep voice, sniffling a bit. A dark black door near the back of the sitting area rattled, yelling erupted from upstairs. "Who's that?" Tamaki shook, his hands quivering with fear.

"Kano, Ai, and Natsu. They're three of the maids that work at this cafe." I unlatched the black door and swung it open, all three girls tumbling to the ground in a heap.

"Maids?" Ootori raised an eyebrow.

"This is a maid cafe," the girl on top grumbled, ruffling her shoulder length black hair. "I'm Kano."

She paused and turned her indifferent gaze to a glare. "Aki-san, you just moved back to Japan and you're already hanging around with the wrong sort of guys. Keep your damn hands off her." Kano growled, and grabbed me and squeezing me protectively.

"She is the protective or sadistic type, depending on the situation. She hates people that flirt, touch, or come near me but is also kind of violent and enjoys bringing people down. You'd be surprised how popular she is. Also, she's bisexual, so if you see her dating a girl, don't freak out." I explained, my voice coming out muffled through Kano's clothes.

"Ai is moe," Ai stated in third-person, flashing a peace sign and flashing a model smile.

"I am the bipolar type," Natsu raised her hand.

"Isn't that considered bad?" The twins twirled their fingers and pointed at Natsu.

"It's in a good way we swear. One minute she's in a childish mood and the next she's acting sexy. Think of how Aki acts," Kano ruffled my hair.

I pulled away from Kano with a smile and brushed off my skirt. "That's a secret Kano~" I winked.

"Anyways. We're going to start setting up the cafe. Just take a seat at a table and rest while I start baking pastries and cakes. If you want anything, just let them know." I motioned to the three girls.

I motion for the host club to sit and rest as I stepped into the back. My kitchen glistened in the light, and bags of flour, sugar, and yeast sat on the counter.

I rolled up my sleeves and got to work.