XLVI

The sun streamed through the tall windows of Ouran's long, maze-like corridors, hitting my exposed arm and warming the side of my face and body. My pace was fast, practically running through the hallway, but the worries on my mind ran faster, clouds of doubt and fear stopping any other emotion aside from sheer panic and uncertainty to run through my mind. 

Shizue was planning something, and anyone that would say otherwise is wrong. If she attempted to kill me once and failed, she would without a doubt, try to kill me again and it wasn't a matter of if she would, it was a matter of when.

I breathed in quickly attuning myself to my surroundings. The sound of my oxfords clicking against the floor with my every step, the loud chatter of families and students around me as they toured everything the school had to offer, and the prickling feeling rising upon my neck as if I was being watched were all that I felt, the latter the most prominent. 

I paused and turned around, seeing nothing out of the ordinary. Girls in the horrid yellow school uniform weaved through the crowds of families, school boys moved in packs of rambunctious laughter, and I stood in the very middle of it all, worried for my life.

"It's only your fear playing tricks on you," I mumbled to myself quickly, with a heavy sigh afterwards. I pushed on to the ballroom in which the host club stayed and stopped in front of the iconic oak doors. With a quick adjust of my rolled-up, sleeve dress shirt, I stepped inside and shut the door behind me.

"Haruhi!" Kyouya called out on the other side of a large marble statue just as I entered. He stood with a notepad in front of the very girl I despised, Eclair Tonnerre.

"You have been requested."

Haruhi who had stopped in her tracks with the tray of tea and cake, stalked over to the two seater table and sat. I quickly moved into the room, almost tripping over myself at the bottom of the staircase as I looked around, finding Takashi and Honey watching with cautious eyes, as well as the rest of the host club.

"Kaoru," I neared the ginger haired twin who stood with his arms crossed, his counterpart looking up from the table he sat at beside us, "what is she doing here?" I hissed quietly, "and what is she planning to do to my Haruhi?"

Hikaru looked over his shoulder and glowered at the woman sitting at the table over at the statue, "all I heard was her asking Kyouya-senpai what her debt was."

I stop talking and listened into their conversation, the distance having no effect on whether or not I could hear her annoying voice.

"By your leave," Haruhi spoke with quiet annoyance which I recognised well.

"Tamaki seems to have a soft spot for you," Tonnerre started the conversation right off the bat in the topic she craved to drag out the most.

Bitch.

"You mean to say, you're jealous?"

"Well, listen to you. Tamaki won't be coming, I ordered him not to show his face again at the host club," she learned forward in a way to mock Haruhi.

I felt the hair on the back of my neck spike and I spun around to find the source of sudden discomfort, once again seeing nothing that could be considered suspicious. I turned back to the twins and found that Takashi and Honey were nearing our table. "I'm going to beat her face in," I growled, attempting to ignore the constant foreboding that something bad was going to happen.

I continued, despite the sinking feeling of guilt and fear in my stomach, "maybe she'll look better with a smashed-in nose."

"With that I can agree," Kaoru coughed out a laugh, his hand moving to cover his mouth.