XLIV

The sound of construction rang in the air as I was dropped off at the front of the school, the too-young chauffeur roaring the engine as he left. I hitched my bag over my shoulder and manoeuvred through the workers holding large maps and heaving wood. 

I glanced around and found the Host club members scattered, giving orders to men carrying our furniture across the front courtyard. I skipped forward, finding Kaoru, Haruhi and Kyouya in the same general spot.

"Selamat pagi!" I raised a hand happily.

Haruhi raised her hand and waved. "Uh, Kyouya?" I neared Haruhi as she began to speak, "aren't school fairs supposed to be more, I don't know, homemade-looking like we've made everything on our own?"

"I agree," I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, the end curling on my shoulder.

"You're talking about schools in general." Kyouya shut his leather-bound book with a snap, "what gets emphasized at Ouran Fair is planning and leadership."

I walked over to Kyouya and rested an arm on his shoulder, "sounds about right since every student here is attempting to be company heirs."

A horse and carriage trotted its way towards us, the hooves clopping and the neighing of the horses breaking the background chatter of other students.  "Whoa, whoa!" Hikaru pulled back the reins with a large grin.

I twirled on the spot, "oh, dear young sir Hikaru! Are you coming to pick up the two lovely princesses?" I laughed and curtsied with my short black, school skirt. He grinned and I stood up.

The horses lowered their heads and Takashi came into view, "that was good. We can turn them over to you now."

"Oh," I snickered and nudged Haruhi, "I guess the prince is here too." I laughed when she slapped my arm, the skin stinging. 

"Haru-chan! Aki!" Honey leaned over the carriage clutching his now clean bunny, my brother leaning over soon after.

"Climb aboard, Haruhi!" Tamaki extended his hand and I pushed Haruhi forward, urging her to accept the offer, "we're rehearsing for Ouran Fair's special parade!" The two pranced around the carriage, cheering.

"Look, look, it's the boys and Aki from the Host club!"

"How fantastic!"

"I want to ride with them, too!"

I clambered in the carriage, leaning over Takashi's shoulder as he directed Hikaru in controlling the carriage. I waved at everyone passing us, the rest of the host club relaxing in their seats. Takashi leaned his head on mine as he directed the carriage, "good morning."

I pulled away and pressed a kiss against his cheek, "good morning."

Girls around us squealed and waved, the host club giving only mere smiles. Scoffing, I pulled away and stood up on the moving carriage. The group staring at me with odd looks.

"Selamat pagi!" I cried, waving at everyone.

"Good morning!" The majority of girls cried back loudly. I grinned as I sat down, feeling quite happy for once in the morning. "You guys should greet everyone in the morning, you know." Tamaki shrugged and waved to the group in response to my scolding.

"Hey, you've gotten so you can handle this, huh?" Kaoru turned around in his seat beside me, glancing at his brother.

"Kaoru, you should have come practised with me."

"Well, even twins will start to have different interests and strong suits."

I leaned back in my seat and glanced at the large academy beside me. The pillars passed by every few seconds. "It's kind of fun to have all of us riding in a carriage like this, huh?" Honey grinned and clutched Usa closer to him.