3 girls and 30 seconds to mars - Chapter 19

Jared stood in a dark alley against the wall. He looked around to see if he was being chased.

He had several questions going on in his head but he couldn't find an answer.

Why did they shoot at him?

Surely not because they knew?

Were that serious silver bullets?

Did they seriously knew his secret?

That girl! Was that not the girl I always see before me?

But... are we are safe here?

The moment he wanted to walk out of the alley to tell Shannon and Tomo about this he saw Lucy into the opening of the dark alley.

Lucy is biting her lip while she looked at him. She has no idea how to begin the conversation. She had also a lot of questions, but for her the most important one was: Is he a vampire or not?

'You call yourself an echelon, but thanks to you, you'd almost hit me,' Jared began to Lucy. 'You come to our concerts and you want to kill me?'

'I do not want you dead Jared! Far from it! You are the best of the three,' said Lucy immediately. 'Jason was the one with me wanted you dead because...'

Lucy just do not know whether she should continue or not and bit her lip uncertain.

'Because of what?' Asked Jared a bit irritated and kept a distance.

'Because he thinks you're a vampire,' Lucy said softly so that only the two of them could hear what she said. 'And you attacked his friend yesterday.'

Jared looked surprised at her. He is doing its best to make sure that nobody know it and yet he did not succeed. 'Please tell me whether it is true or not. I swear I will not tell others,' Lucy said, because Jared kept silent.

'What are you talking about? Me a vampire? Do not make me laugh,' Jared said and giggled a bit.

'So it isn't problem if I give you one of my silver arrows with Mars glyphs on it to you?' Lucy asked Jared and pulled one arrow out of her quiver.

Jared looked at it with wide eyes. It was completely silver so if he would touch it he would suffer severe pain.

Jared went with his hand to the arrow, but at the last moment he pulled it back.

'Okay, I 'm a vampire, but I never thought that a vampire hunter would sit among the fans,' Jared said. 'And do not think you can murder me. This was just a coincidence. '

Lucy putted the arrow back into her quiver and looked at Jared.

'I'm not a murderer. Really! I do not want the band to stop. You are so good! 'Lucy said, smiling. 'And about the vampire hunter thing... That's because of my father and my family. I think the name van Helsing would say something to you.' Lucy looked uncomfortable when she said the name.

'You're family of the famous Gabriel Van Helsing?' Jared asked with wide eyes. Lucy looked uncomfortable at him and nodded.

'I have not exactly decided to become one, but I have agreed with Jason that I'll kill you if we find out that you drank of someone and killed them,' says Lucy. 'But I am confident that you're a vampire who drinks animals rather than people.' Lucy smiled at Jared, but remained at a distance.

'Fortunately, I drink only animals Yes otherwise I could hardly sing for people,' said Jared and came closer to see Lucy better. 'But you're not afraid of me? A vampire? Only because you're a vampire hunter?'

'I just do not see you as a vampire, but I see you as Jared the singer of my favourite band,' Lucy said, smiling, but then bit her lip. 'But I can assume that Shannon and Tomo also vampires?'

'Maybe... Maybe not,' said Jared mysterious. Lucy could not read his face so could only go by what he said. 'I can perform with two people at the concert,' said Jared and stood in front Lucy. 'I guess I'll see you again at a next concert.' Jared said and ran away.