Chapter 1 Shadow

The night was quiet and cool. The sound of night animals could be heard in the quiet forest while a dark figure was resting against a tree. She was comfortable by the dark forest because it kept her hidden in the shadows and she like the smell and sound of nature. A woman, wearing black garments, fully equipped with weapons, such as many throwing knives, daggers and – her favorite weapon – her black katana which was specially made.

Her long black hair resting on her skin smoothly like small strands of waterfall, her golden eyes closed as she was sleeping but she was still holding her guard by holding a throwing knife in one hand and the other holding her katana. Her face covered by mask and hood since she doesn’t like people staring at her. She hated it whenever people stare at her, it just ticks her off. But she was trained to not let emotions control her. Whoever knew her, she was known as Shadow. She never revealed her real name to anyone.

When the first light of sun came from the horizon, she opened her eyes and saw the beautiful dawn. She stared at the beautiful scenario for a while, remembering every detail of its beauty. She decided that it was time to go. She stood up from the ground and stretched her neck a bit to earn a few sounds of cracks from her neck. She safely put her throwing knife and katana away then turned towards the north. *I believe that…Leaf village is that way. I should get some supplies there.*

She walked through the forest path calmly with her hands in her pockets and her eyes glued on forward. She didn’t bother to count how many hours she had been walking but she find it comfortable for just walking. Suddenly she heard a voice not far from her and it sounded like a big hot-headed to her. “Hey! How far are we from the village, sensei!?”

Shadow stopped for a moment while arching towards the direction where the voice came from. *I wonder who that is…* She shrugged it off since it doesn’t matter to her and just kept walking towards the Leaf village.

Suddenly, she heard the voice again but it was shocking “H-Hey! Where did these thugs come from!?”

Shadow stopped once more while staring at the same direction. She looked between the path of the village and the direction of the voice. She sighed heavily, knowing what she has to do. *Doing the right thing sometimes sucks…* she thought glumly. She quickly dashed towards the voice swiftly, dodging thick branches and bushes. She stopped when she saw three kids with an adult who were facing 10 thugs and they were surrounded. Shadow climbed onto the trees and sat on a high branch while looking down at them while keeping her chakra low. She wanted to see what happens first before interfering.

One of the thugs shouted “Give us everything you got or die!”

The one with she heard from before shouted “Like hell we do!” The kid had blonde spiky hair, blue eyes, and whiskers on his face – making him to look like a cat – and wearing an orange jumpsuit. He was looking around the thugs daringly and determinedly.

Another boy got black hair in a shape of a chicken’s ass, onyx eyes while wearing blue and white clothes. He was staring at the thugs coldly yet calmly.

The third child was a girl with pink long hair, green eyes and wearing a red dress with short green shorts. She was staring at the thugs in fear and determination. The adult was wearing a Jounin uniform with silver spiky hair going to one side, wearing a dark blue mask while his left eye was covered by his headband. Shadow looked at the headbands properly and saw the leaf village symbol. *So, they’re from the Leaf village…* she thought while she was quietly studying them.

One of the thugs shouted “Oh, you ask for it, kid!” All the thugs immediately charged towards them while holding kunais in each hand. Shadow watched as the two boys fought the thugs, but the girl was not really capable of fighting. She was having trouble fighting with a thug with a kunai in her hand and she looked like she was going to scream.