Chapter 5 Swear

Anko turned to Asuma and said “Don’t you have something else to do, Asuma?”

“Well…not rea--!?” he was cut off when he saw a death glare from Anko, obviously wanted to be alone with Shadow. Asuma immediately retreated back to his words with a force grin “Actually, there is something I’ve been meaning to do! Oh, look at the time! I got to go!” He quickly did a hand sign and disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Shadow chuckled and said to Anko “You didn’t need to scare him away, Anko. I think he would understand if you had told him the truth.”

“I know but I would rather scare them off than to tell them off.”

Shadow chuckled again then sat on the bench which she sat down before. Anko joined her, returning to the same spot and grabbed her two remaining dango then passed one to Shadow. Shadow accepted her offer and hooked a finger of her black mask.

Anko slightly flinched in surprise and asked Shadow “Are you sure, Shadow? I mean, there is a dark corner inside the shop to give you some privacy.”

Shadow smiled at her for her concern “No, it’s all right. I need to breath in some fresh air anyway and I only put my mask when I’m around strangers. Since you’re my friend, I’ll make an exception.”

Anko watched as Shadow pulled her mask down to her chin and pushed her hood down as well to release her black long hair free. She let out a long sigh of relief and took a bite of dango. She stopped when she suddenly heard some plates being dropped to the floor and nearly all the men got their jaw dropped, eyes widened and have some nosebleeds as they stared at Shadow.

Anko glared at them then shouted “You know staring is impolite!”

The men quickly looked away but not without their faces turning red, some even fainted from losing too much blood from their nosebleed. Anko turned to the exposed face Shadow as she took another bite of her dango.

“Now I can see why you wear that mask. You make the men fall unconscious without lifting a single finger.”

Shadow slightly blushed at her comment then she swallowed. She covered half of her face with her hand “Oh, then I apologize.” She was going to bring her mask up again but Anko grabbed her wrist quickly.

She said with a playful grin “I was joking, Shadow! Sheesh, you need to know when you hear a joke or not!”

She smiled softly and put her hand down as Anko released it “I’ll work on that.”

Suddenly a waiter came to them while holding two plates of six dangos each. He said “These were ordered by the two gents under the red umbrella.” He looked at Shadow’s face that was looking at something else and he blushed.

Anko glared at him and said “Well? Are you going to do some trick or what? You know, the food is not going to move itself!” The waiter flinched from Anko’s voice and quickly walked away from them with his face red. Anko groaned as she shook her head with disapproval then asked Shadow “Men these days, sometimes I wonder if their men or just jerks looking for some tits and ass.”

Shadow smirked at her “Some men are different, Anko. Not all of them are bad.”

Anko smirked at her “I guess your right, but it’s hard to find the right man these days.” She quickly finished the dango of her stick then moved to a new one without hesitation. Shadow chuckled deeply then took the last bite of her third dango.

After a while, Anko managed to finish the plate of six dangos in 5 minutes. But she’s still hungry so she glanced at Shadow’s untouched one. So she asked her “Are you going to eat yours?”