Chapter 7 A Week

Kakashi turned to face Shadow with a small playful smirk behind his dark blue mask “Want to race?” Shadow arched a brow at him but she felt the eagerness to have a small game with him.

She shoved her hands in her pockets as she asked him “What do you have in mind?”

Kakashi’s smirk widened and strangely it made Shadow’s heart to skip a beat by that simply look of him. It made her to reconsider about him, but she couldn’t trust him; not this soon. He pointed at the rooftops and said “Race you to the Hokage building?”

Shadow smirked “That’s it? Just race there to the Hokage building?”

Kakashi nodded “Yep. That’s about it. Or is it too simple for you?” he asked daringly as he crossed his arms on his chest.

“No, it’s fine. But don’t expect me to go easy on you.”

“I really don’t expect anything from you, Shadow.”

“…What’s the catch?”

Kakashi’s smirk widened and he took a step closer to her. Her mind was telling her to move away from him but her body wasn’t responding to her. When he was just a foot close to her, he said “If I win, I get to have that new addition book of yours.”

“And if you lose?”

Kakashi sighed “If I lose, then…I’ll pay for dinner. Sound good?”

Shadow narrowed her eyes at him in suspicion. It’s strange for Kakashi to seem to hate her just an hour ago, but now he was being friendly to her as if nothing bad had happened between them. She asked him “Kakashi…are you asking me on a date or something?”

He shook his head “No. We both know that we don’t like each other but a catch is a catch. If I lose, I’ll pay for dinner as…acquaintances. You game or not?” he asked with such a challenging tone in his voice. It’s honestly quite alluring to her, but she hid it well and it’s a good plus for the mask to hide most of her features.

She slightly smirked as she got an idea “Want to make things even more interesting?”

Kakashi arched a brow at her as he shifted his weight to one side “And what is that?”

“When one of us loses, the loser will have to show their face.”

Kakashi’s hand gripped his arms tightly since they were crossed on his chest. He didn’t want to show his face to her! And his face is like a priority to him. Why would a woman like her want to see his face? Sure, many woman would die to see his face and when they do, it only made them to crave him even more. That’s not what he wanted from Shadow…or does he? He had this small part of him that wanted to show his face to her, but there were doubts.

What if Shadow makes fun of him? Will she tell anyone about his face if she does see it? Will she think it’s just another normal face? Is she expecting something horrible from his face? Like a scar or a mole?

Kakashi asked her suspiciously while narrowing his visible eye to her “And why would you like to see my face? Will I see yours if you see mine? That sounds fair to me, no?”

Shadow sighed heavily “All right.”

“…What?” Kakashi was quite…surprised that she would agree without hesitation. But maybe she has a plan…Kakashi dropped the tone of surprise “Drop the act, you’re just bullshitting me.”

Shadow narrowed her eyes at him and replied with a small growl “I’m not bullshitting you, Kakashi. I think it’s fair that if I’m going to see your face, you should see mine too. Now, you want to get that book or not?”