Chapter 16 Fight

“Look, this is crazy! You should be with the Genin!” Shadow tried to persuade him, one more time, but Kakashi was being so stubborn to fall back.

They were hiding in the trees with their chakras low and they were spying over the campsite of the group that had been following them.

Kakashi softly glared at her with his visible eye and softly growled at her, “We’re not going to argue about this again. I’m with you until this is done.”

Shadow felt annoyed but also felt turned on by his demonic side. *Damn stubborn scarecrow.* But a very sexy scarecrow. She didn’t know why but she just did find it attractive, even though it pissed her off.

She grabbed her black katana and said, “Just don’t get in my way, Hatake.”

He looked at her flatly, “Again with the surname crap? Do you know we’re a couple?”

She glared at him from the corner of her eyes, “In secret.”

He pointed out though, “Plus Sasuke and Sakura know about us. And pretty soon Naruto will know. Damn, imagine how he’ll brag about this when we get back.”

She groaned deeply and growled at him, “Okay. Now I want to kill you instead.”

Before Kakashi could say a word, a kunai was thrown past him with an inch away from his face. “Intruders!” cried out the rogue ninja who spotted them.

Kakashi quickly did some hand-signs for a fire-jutsu. He breathed in deeply, *Fire-style, fire ball jutsu!* And cast the fire ball jutsu at the rogue ninjas below. When he turned to look at Shadow, she was already gone.

“Hey, where did she go?” he muttered before he had to doge two kunai attacks from the side. “Shit,” he cursed under his breath as he quickly pulled out his own kunai.

Shadow quickly dealt with the remaining rogue ninjas in a flash. Whenever someone tried to cut her head off, she would disappeared in a shroud of shadows but regain back in the battle as if nothing happened. During the battle, she felt free and satisfied but her mind was slightly occupied of Kakashi’s well-being.

That is why she didn’t want to bring him. She didn’t want any distractions, but no, the man was too damn stubborn to fall back from her warnings.

After cutting down the last man, she looked over her shoulder to where she left Kakashi. Soon she saw five lifeless bodies being dropped down from the trees and they landed on the ground with a loud thud. She sheathed her katana on her back just as Kakashi jumped down from the tree.

He looked around the ground filled with dead bodies of the rogues. He utterly felt pity of those he fell from Shadow’s blade. He asked her, “Was this really necessary?”

She softly glared at him and growled, “Yes. They would have died anyway. We just shorten their dues.”

“But if you had listened to me, they wouldn’t have come to attack us. Their deaths aren’t really necessary to be taken.”

Her hands turned into tight fists as she glared at the living man before her hard, “Don’t lecture me, Hatake! I gave them a painless merciful death! This is part of being a shinobi!”

He glared at her, “But there was no need to take all of their lives!”

“And how many lives have they slaughtered, Hatake!? Answer me that!” she shouted as she mentioned towards the dead rogues.

She could feel her blood boiling hot under her skin as she glared at him. She didn’t know why he suddenly felt pity towards them. And this may be the second reason why she didn’t want to bring him: judgment.